Our final drive....

Bronc24

We just looked different....different in a way that though Orton wasn't perfect, he delivered when he needed to. There was a confidence in the 4th quarter I have not seen or felt in a long time.

We looked different because we finally had someone playing who resembled an NFL quarterback.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one on EJ's short resume is the point. With more pressure with them down 6 points where it's score a TD or go home a loser.

It's very likely if the Broncos don't score, they'd lose, seeing as the other team only needs a FG.

How long was Tebow's resume?

The Bills are going to need him to be better than he was today. I'm hoping he will be moving forward.

It's hard for me to understand why this is a debatable point.

Again, can't complain about the loss. Got to be happy with the major breaks (Megatron's general absence, the FG misses, Watkins making a bailout catch that, AGAIN, he did not make last week).

Shouldn't this be expected from a guy with 10 years experience and 70+ starts to his credit?

You're being pretty selective in your criteria. You give him credit for his experience but discount the fact that he's had all of a month to get acclimated. By contrast, you cite EJ'S lack of experience, but you discount the fact that this is his second year in this offense and that he had all summer and preseason to get in rhythm with his receivers.

It's hard for me to understand why this is a debatable point.

Again, can't complain about the loss. Got to be happy with the major breaks (Megatron's general absence, the FG misses, Watkins making a bailout catch that, AGAIN, he did not make last week).

People keep posting about 300 yards. Orton's YPA today was 7.16. That's less than EJ's in each of the 1st two games this season IIRC. He'll need to better as the season progresses. Better accuracy on the intermediate passes and no more staring down WRs for dreaded pick sixes. He's capable of better than that and we all hope he delivers.

You're being pretty selective in your criteria. You give him credit for his experience but discount the fact that he's had all of a month to get acclimated. By contrast, you cite EJ'S lack of experience, but you discount the fact that this is his second year in this offense and that he had all summer and preseason to get in rhythm with his receivers.

I'll acknowledge that the lack of system and personnel familiarity is a mitigating factor, but that shouldn't be any impediment to accuracy and/or not looking off WRs by Orton. Who didn't expect EJ to be uneven and inconsistent regardless of this year's OTAs, mini-camp, TC, and preseason? I certainly did.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Only having a month with this team was his choice, because he chose to sit out camp and spend the time with his family until he could get his release from the Cowboys. What's there to miss?

I'm not sure what your point is. Does it being his choice somehow make that reality less true?