WGR radio broadcasts?

So for the first time in a long time I had to be in the car during a bills game. I tried tuning in to WGR using tunein radio (which I had used before) and got a message saying it was blocked due to nfl regulations?

Sorry if I am behind the times on this, but what gives? And if I can't use WGR, does anyone have other legal alternatives? I'm going to be driving in the Hudson valley albany to nyc a lot of Sundays, and don't want to miss the games (bad enough I won't be watching). I don't see any stations in the area listed on the bills radio network, so....

Thanks!

last year, i got the same message using the wgr app.

this year, i've been listening to games on my laptop via wgr.com and haven't had any issues.

i haven't tried turning it on after the game has already started, however (when i listened this year, i turned it on for the pre-game). i wonder if you'll get that message if you try accessing wgr.com after kickoff? maybe they won't bump you off if you tune in before the game starts?

Edited by Dirtbag

Interesting ... I live in Italy, and I've had no problems (well, except with the wife) listening to all the games this year on wgr550.com website, and hitting the "listen live" button on the home page. Presumably the NFL regulations don't apply in Europe?

Here's an idea: if you can find a European-based Virtual Private network (VPN) server you might fool them that you're in Europe. I use a US-based VPN server all the time for content that I can't access in Europe; the reverse is likely also true. VPN is usually very easy to use: you just log on and then access all content via your normal browser.

I just browsed around a bit and found a bunch of "free" or "cheap" commercial European VPN offers, but I can't vouch for them. But if you know somebody who works at or attends a European university, that's a good way to go. Most universities here (as well as US) have VPN servers for free use of associates.

I hesitate to say this, because I'm paranoid and don't want things to change, but the game was broadcast through the Bills app last week. I didn't open the app in weeks 1-3, so I'm not sure if this was a one-week fluke, but if you have the app, click the "radio" button in the upper right hand corner (which typically brings you to WGR) and, hopefully, you'll get the game.