We will finally see Robert Woods....

DougTheBug

Watkins is already putting up better numbers- the expectations are so high that people don't realize he's having a pretty decent year

Exactly!! If you go back to the Watkins prediction thread right now he would be on pace for 68 rec, 788 yards and 8 TDS with the BAD qb play that he has gotten. That is higher than most people projected (I think) and I don't think that anyone could have thought that the QB play would be as bad as it has been. Those numbers should climb. My guess now is if Watkins stays healthy 76 Rec, 1,025 yards and 8 TDS. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recall that play from the Texans game where Watkins had his man beat deep in 1-on-1 coverage and Manuel - who had time and space to see - dumped it off. There's a reason Watkins' numbers aren't fantastic right now, and it's not because of him.

That is the Same exact reason why Woods numbers are not fantastic yet too .

Isn't this an awesome discussion to be having!!! I mean, really!

For my money, Sammy is just too physically talented to be in second place on this team. Get him healthy and hit him in stride and this could be VERY fun! Having said that, Woods is amazing too and they will both benefit from having more than one stud to worry about.

Now if we could just borrow some guards to let all this happen...

I'd take Denver, San Francisco, Indy, Chicago and Atlanta's trio over ours.

Pretty decent list Jokeman. Detroit's & Houston's groups are pretty solid too. The Bills went from bottom of the barrel to pretty good and improving in 1 year. I like where they are headed on the outside. I'd like a TE to work the middle of the field but I am sure that is high on the offseason list.

The Bills weapons are pretty good and if Richardson can play (I believe that he can) they are a G, TE & QB from being elite. Sign Mike Iupati and Sam Bradford, draft Funchess (O'Leary or Heuerman) in the early 2nd.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pretty decent list Jokeman. Detroit's & Houston's groups are pretty solid too. The Bills went from bottom of the barrel to pretty good and improving in 1 year. I like where they are headed on the outside. I'd like a TE to work the middle of the field but I am sure that is high on the offseason list.

The Bills weapons are pretty good and if Richardson can play (I believe that he can) they are a G, TE & QB from being elite. Sign Mike Iupati and Sam Bradford, draft Funchess (O'Leary or Heuerman) in the early 2nd.

i think Funchess could be a 1st rd pick. But I also think it is all dependent on the needs of the teams. I'll start a fight with him when he visits the Shoe in November so he gets some character "red flags" for punching a fan, and drops in the draft.

Just kidding Vader.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills went from bottom of the barrel to pretty good and improving in 1 year. I like where they are headed on the outside.

That's what impresses me the most and makes me a Whaley supporter. I know Sammy was expensive, but huge improvement and trending up all over. And yeah, another TE threat would help a lot.

Given how few opportunities the WR's have had for YAC, I'm expecting them to play angry on Sunday.

I really feel an upset coming on. I wonder if Detroit understands the extent to which a sleeping giant may have just been stirred.

This is my gut feeling as well. I'm attempting to temper my enthusiasm and remember what team it is I root for on Sundays...

I'll start a fight with him when he visits the Shoe in November so he gets some character "red flags" for punching a fan, and drops in the draft.

Awesome! Way to take one for the team! Wings and beer on me if it works. (For you only, the rest of the board can go hungry and thirsty, but happy.)

Don't get me started on TE. I felt that best thing we could have done was keep SJ13 and draft Ebron as think we gave a lot to get Watkins but willing to accept it as long as we don't give up a top 10 pick. That said this offseason I'm targeting Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas and re-signing Spikes. The UFA QBs doesn't have many great names on it Bradfor and his injuries concern me but his replacement Austin Davis might be out there and depending what he does the rest of the year might be a guy to add to the mix or maybe draft a guy in Round 3 and take an OG with our top pick.

Edited by The Jokeman

ebron is doing next to nothing with a pretty good qb out there........

really, we all should be happy to have 2 very good, and very young, wr´s on our roster.

now let´s see if we find someone to get them the ball...............

ebron is doing next to nothing with a pretty good qb out there........

really, we all should be happy to have 2 very good, and very young, wr´s on our roster.

now let´s see if we find someone to get them the ball...............

I'm not looking short term as to me over time Ebron could be a quality TE. Then if we needed a WR we could have used the lost first round pick on Watkins on someone like Amari Cooper

niklas will be a better TE than ebron in 2 years from now. aaaannnnndddd....

missed the trend? TE´s are found on the hardfloor now :P

:D

now serious: i too think we need to upgrade at TE. but i also think sammy was worth it. get him someone like matty ice to throw the ball and he is an all pro

I'm not looking short term as to me over time Ebron could be a quality TE. Then if we needed a WR we could have used the lost first round pick on Watkins on someone like Amari Cooper

unless we are terrible, we wouldn't have had a shot at Cooper. He's projected at 3 overall and compares to Sammy in talent.