NFL Maps: 2014 Week 5

Jets vs San Diego - thank god we get to watch that **** show eh?

they need to do a better job of having better 1 oclock/ 4 oclock games...I dont care what coast the games are on, lets see better games!

jets vs san diego penciled in as 2 potential wild card teams, and one being NYC market.... not sure you can fault the networks there

Jets as potential wild card team???? lol

yea, they finished with an 8-8 record last year and added some pieces so..... saying that a matchup with the 9-7 6th seed from last year should pencil in as an entertaining and possibly meaningful game months in advance isnt too crazy.

yea, they finished with an 8-8 record last year and added some pieces so..... saying that a matchup with the 9-7 6th seed from last year should pencil in as an entertaining and possibly meaningful game months in advance isnt too crazy.

oh I completely understand why they would have originally scheduled that game on TV

my point was about having the ability to put the best CURRENT matchups on tv (the Flex scheduling is a good step in that direction)...who the hell wants to watch the Jets get whooped up on by the Chargers?

Let's face it: No one outside of Western NY wants to watch the Bills and that's not likely to change any time soon. I walked into a sports bar last Sunday at 11:00 AM (on the West Coast). There were about 20 TV's tuned in to various NFL early games. (Several games, including god-awful ones like Raiders v. Dolphins, were on multiple TVs). Every early game was available for viewing, except one. Take a guess which game no one wanted to watch . . . I just walked out.

Let's face it: No one outside of Western NY wants to watch the Bills and that's not likely to change any time soon. I walked into a sports bar last Sunday at 11:00 AM (on the West Coast). There were about 20 TV's tuned in to various NFL early games. (Several games, including god-awful ones like Raiders v. Dolphins, were on multiple TVs). Every early game was available for viewing, except one. Take a guess which game no one wanted to watch . . . I just walked out.

Bills and Texans in a west coast bar. I would have been shocked if it was on even one TV.

For all the viewers in the Syracuse area... notice anything odd about this week?

In the ten years I have been out in this area any time that the Bills were on fox and played in the same time slot as the Giants it would be the Giants game who won out and got the broadcast.

I'm curious as to what might have changed this trend. Only thing I can think is a new agreement with Fox in Syracuse based on the way the networks flex games between each other regardless of conference this season.

Edited by Metal Man

For all the viewers in the Syracuse area... notice anything odd about this week?

In the ten years I have been out in this area any time that the Bills were on fox and played in the same time slot as the Giants it would be the Giants game who won out and got the broadcast.

I'm curious as to what might have changed this trend. Only thing I can think is a new agreement with CBS in Syracuse based on the way the networks flex games between each other regardless of conference this season.

the road team decides the network so CBS is carrying it as we are AFC

Check again. One of the very few times you're wrong. The greatest being Brees being worthy of the HOF. I hate him.

Anyway, the new rules allow games to be flexed between the networks allowing Fox to take the visiting AFC team or CBS to take the visiting NFC team. The networks can decide who will get who and who wants who.,..

This week's big matchup is Arizona at Denver. That's the Fox big ticket game.

Check again. One of the very few times you're wrong. The greatest being Brees being worthy of the HOF. I hate him.

Anyway, the new rules allow games to be flexed between the networks allowing Fox to take the visiting AFC team or CBS to take the visiting NFC team. The networks can decide who will get who and who wants who.,..

This week's big matchup is Arizona at Denver. That's the Fox big ticket game.

i missed that change. or forgot it. either way - you got me on this one.

i missed that change. or forgot it. either way - you got me on this one.

It happens. I had forgot until just recently myself. I am trying to remember the rules on how it can change. I think the deadline is Wednesday and the networks can actually sell the games to each other.

I'm curious as to what might have changed this trend. Only thing I can think is a new agreement with Fox in Syracuse based on the way the networks flex games between each other regardless of conference this season.

Good catch. I think you're right. That practice pre-dates FOX. I remember a home game vs the Bears in '91 not being on CBS when they carried the NFC.

Elmira is wall to wall Bills fans. NFL fans in Binghamton don't care about anything. I never understood why Binghamton doesn't broadcast Bills games - especially for Bills fans who live due north of Binghamton.