26CornerBlitz

Buffalo.gifVS. Detroit.gif

NFL.com: Bills at Lions Game Preview

CBS Sports: Bills at Lions Game Preview

Bills bench EJ; Orton to start Week 5

Buffalo in win-now mode

Fox Announcing Team: Sam Rosen, Ronde Barber, Jennifer Hale

@Lions

Through the first quarter of the season, #Lions are @NFL's No.1 defense, allowing just 267.3 yards per game.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shwarts needs to call a good game on defense and I suspect he will.

Seriously.

I'm waiting for the defense to disappoint. SD was the closest they came to it, but still made good adjustments mid-game and gave us a chance to come back.

Schwartz knows the Lions well. It'll be another game where the offense decides our fate.

It's likely bye bye read option with Orton at QB since he's not much of a running threat.

I feel like it's best used during the hurry-up offense. While we're trying to establish the run or eat up clock later in the game, put the FB out there and run out of more traditional formations.

On that note, I haven't re-watched the game yet, but my initial impression of Richardson's run blocking was good.

Seriously.

I'm waiting for the defense to disappoint. SD was the closest they came to it, but still made good adjustments mid-game and gave us a chance to come back.

Schwartz knows the Lions well. It'll be another game where the offense decides our fate.

sign stealing...

It's likely bye bye read option with Orton at QB since he's not much of a running threat.

I disagree. You don't need the QB to pick up 40 yards on the read option. Five to seven will keep the defense honest enough for the look to be effective throughout.

Keep in mind too, it usually contains a pass option...that EJ rarely--if ever--looked to.

They'll continue to run it, and probably run it better now that all of its layers will (hopefully) be back in play.

I disagree. You don't need the QB to pick up 40 yards on the read option. Five to seven will keep the defense honest enough for the look to be effective throughout.Keep in mind too, it usually contains a pass option...that EJ rarely--if ever--looked to.They'll continue to run it, and probably run it better now that all of its layers will (hopefully) be back in play.

Can you name any NFL team that uses the zone read with a QB who's not a real threat to run?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Can you name any NFL team that uses the zone read with a QB who's not a real threat to run?

I actually think the onus is on you to identify QB's not named Braddy/Manning who aren't a "real" threat to run.

Like I said, five to seven yards, that's all they need from the QB.

See: Washington and Cousins.

I actually think the onus is on you to identify QB's not named Braddy/Manning who aren't a "real" threat to run.

Like I said, five to seven yards, that's all they need from the QB.

See: Washington and Cousins.

The defense has to perceive a threat of the QB in the run game or there's no point in deploying zone read as a primary part of an offense is my point. I don't think any defense would be worried about Orton on keepers.

Bills?

You cheated. :lol:

Philly, but Foles tries to throw it more from that play. He is aided by a better TE in Ertz.

If the backside DE cheats, Foles will certainly run the ball.

The defense has to perceive a threat of the QB in the run game or there's no point in deploying zone read as a primary part of an offense is my point. I don't think any defense would be worried about Orton on keepers.

All the more reason that the five-seven yard window I'm talking about will be there!