Hey Marrone - Start Bryce Brown!

BringBackFergy

Ok dude. Obviously you are just going to say whatever you want to devalue our best player. Let's recap:

1. Spiller should get 4 yards per carry every carry...otherwise he sucks and kills drives. I can't wait for you to tell me about someone like this.

2. Teams game planned for the child abuser and other great rbs, but that didn't stop them. Fair, but who is putting spiller in the same breath as the child abuser, priest holmes, mccoy, etc?

3. Who was the featured back in his big season? It wasn't jackson...he only played in 10 games and had almost 100 fewer carries than spiller.

I'm with mrags on this to the extent that it means CJ has been given his opportunities as a RB...rest him for a game, say his ankle hurts or his groin. Let Booby or Bryce Brown have a go at RB. IMO.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with mrags on this to the extent that it means CJ has been given his opportunities as a RB...rest him for a game, say his ankle hurts or his groin. Let Booby or Bryce Brown have a go at RB. IMO.

Has Dixon even gotten a carry the last two weeks and Brown has been inactive. If Spiller is gone after this year the answer at RB isn't on the roster.

I thought Booby had a 40 yd run in the Bears game if I'm not mistaken.

I'm referring to the Chargers and Texans game. A 3rd and 1 vs SD I was wondering why Dixon wasn't in and why they're running a shotgun handoff to Spiller. I thought they had a nice thing the 1st two games with the rotation. Dixon 0 carries the last two weeks.

Just a general point it's a passing league and maybe the stats will prove me wrong but why is this team always in shotgun on like 3rd and 2. I don't get why that is an automatic passing down.

Edited by Section242

Ok dude. Obviously you are just going to say whatever you want to devalue our best player. Let's recap:

1. Spiller should get 4 yards per carry every carry...otherwise he sucks and kills drives. I can't wait for you to tell me about someone like this.

2. Teams game planned for the child abuser and other great rbs, but that didn't stop them. Fair, but who is putting spiller in the same breath as the child abuser, priest holmes, mccoy, etc?

3. Who was the featured back in his big season? It wasn't jackson...he only played in 10 games and had almost 100 fewer carries than spiller.

Just to add...cj has a freaking 5 yard per carry average over his career. That would put him top 10 all time.

believe whatever you want BRO. If you want to put Spiller up on a pedestal, you'll be the one looking like a tool when he flames out again this season. And the next 2-3 before he's never heard from again.

believe whatever you want BRO. If you want to put Spiller up on a pedestal, you'll be the one looking like a tool when he flames out again this season. And the next 2-3 before he's never heard from again.

Lol...if he flames out, it'll be his first time. He didn't play his first 1.5 years, then his next 1.5 years, he was pretty much unstoppable. Last year, he was our leading rusher (and yes that includes more yards than the great one).

I'm not quite sure why you hate him so much. I'm not putting him up on a pedestal...in fact i'm pretty sure that i said he can improve and doesn't belong with the child abuser and other great running backs. But to say he sucks and make up facts about his career just shows that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. He is without question, our most dynamic offensive player today. Watkins is right on his heels, but come on BRO.

Lol...if he flames out, it'll be his first time. He didn't play his first 1.5 years, then his next 1.5 years, he was pretty much unstoppable. Last year, he was our leading rusher (and yes that includes more yards than the great one).

I'm not quite sure why you hate him so much. I'm not putting him up on a pedestal...in fact i'm pretty sure that i said he can improve and doesn't belong with the child abuser and other great running backs. But to say he sucks and make up facts about his career just shows that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. He is without question, our most dynamic offensive player today. Watkins is right on his heels, but come on BRO.

didnt play in his first 1.5 years because despite being given the starting position in preseason and the first few weeks of his rookie year he couldn't make a case to keep him on the field? Much like year 2 and year 4. Also, so far in year 5.

Through the first 4 years of his career he's never averaged 14 carries a game. He's averaging 755 yards a season. And 3 TDs a season.

Those are facts!!!

Undespitable!!!

You can call it whatever you want but you can't ever take that away from the guy. Sooner or later, you'll see it too that he causes is drives and losses because we can't sustain drives. Or you can keep believing in him that he'll turn it around and be something he's not. I used to make excises for him too. Then I realized how ridiculous I've been. It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. It's just not going to happen.

Keep on keepin on. Life's a garden. Dit it.

didnt play in his first 1.5 years because despite being given the starting position in preseason and the first few weeks of his rookie year he couldn't make a case to keep him on the field? Much like year 2 and year 4. Also, so far in year 5.

Through the first 4 years of his career he's never averaged 14 carries a game. He's averaging 755 yards a season. And 3 TDs a season.

Those are facts!!!

Undespitable!!!

You can call it whatever you want but you can't ever take that away from the guy. Sooner or later, you'll see it too that he causes is drives and losses because we can't sustain drives. Or you can keep believing in him that he'll turn it around and be something he's not. I used to make excises for him too. Then I realized how ridiculous I've been. It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. It's just not going to happen.

Keep on keepin on. Life's a garden. Dit it.

What's an excise?

He basically didn't touch the ball after the first half in the opener in his rookie season right up until an injury to the other rb halfway through his second year. It's not like he stunk...nobody knew cause he wasn't used. When he got on the field, he was very good. Oh well...your mind is made up. No reason to argue with you.

What's an excise?

He basically didn't touch the ball after the first half in the opener in his rookie season right up until an injury to the other rb halfway through his second year. It's not like he stunk...nobody knew cause he wasn't used. When he got on the field, he was very good. Oh well...your mind is made up. No reason to argue with you.

have fun making more excises for a RB that couldn't make a case for starting. A RB that's never averaged 14 carries a game over his entire NFL career. Not even his "amazing" season when he averaged just 12 carries a game.

Oh, yiur mind is already made up. Your gonna keep thinking he's something he's not.

Oh, and FYI, 900 yards and 2 TDs is not "very good" but keep on, keepin on.

I was listening to Howard and Jeremy while I was stuck in traffic here in Miami Tuesday morning. Jeremy said RBs are the least criticized players in the NFL .

I laughed out loud hearing that given the people on this board that have their almost daily CRUSADES against CJ. This thread is yet another example of that.

As an aside, I often wonder about what the standard is for closing down threads. I am not one of those thread nazis who pop here reminding people that such and such subject is being discussed elsewhere and that they should use their search function. It does seem, however, that the mods have no problem with myriad threads critical of certain players -- CJ being one of them.

As for Bryce Brown, do a little research on his background and ask yourself whether he is the same caliber of teammate as CJ and Fred. If he ever makes into a game as Buffalo Bill, I will root for him. I hope he has had a character transplant.

First time in this thread. Haven't read it all,but has anyone done the math in the OP?

30 yarder plus 9 two yarders is 48 yards over 10 carries.

4.8 yards per carry.

That's stellar. Add in the Freddy/Dixon ground 'n' pound and we have the making of an excellent backfield. Brown replaces Freddy eventually.

This makes perfect sense.

What happened to Dixon? We aren't using him anymore either. Maybe we just like to use our really good punter.

Why are people talking about starting Brown over Spiller. The fact of the matter is the best back on this roster, who has been the best back on this roster, is still Fred Jackson. He has been the best offensive player on this roster for the past 7 seasons yet continues to get grief - he's D3, he doesn't have the pedigree, he's too fragile, now he's too old. The guy puts up numbers every play. He runs, he catches, he blocks, he leads. He has sat behind - Anthony Thomas, Marshawn Lynch and CJ Spiller (and now Bryce Brown?).

He's in great shape and doesn't play like a 33 year old. Let him play. Let him carry the load. He is the best offensive player on this roster and until some other player can prove otherwise he should be starting and remain starting until his performance sucks.

Why are people talking about starting Brown over Spiller. The fact of the matter is the best back on this roster, who has been the best back on this roster, is still Fred Jackson. He has been the best offensive player on this roster for the past 7 seasons yet continues to get grief - he's D3, he doesn't have the pedigree, he's too fragile, now he's too old. The guy puts up numbers every play. He runs, he catches, he blocks, he leads. He has sat behind - Anthony Thomas, Marshawn Lynch and CJ Spiller (and now Bryce Brown?).

He's in great shape and doesn't play like a 33 year old. Let him play. Let him carry the load. He is the best offensive player on this roster and until some other player can prove otherwise he should be starting and remain starting until his performance sucks.

No one said Fred shouldn't start and play a lot...we're talking about who should get 15-20 carries to give Fred a rest. Some say CJ should be the other RB...others say Bryce Brown or Booby Dixon (and give CJ a rest for a game). Fred definitely plays.

No one said Fred shouldn't start and play a lot...we're talking about who should get 15-20 carries to give Fred a rest. Some say CJ should be the other RB...others say Bryce Brown or Booby Dixon (and give CJ a rest for a game). Fred definitely plays.

15-20 carries? Our running backs have ran the ball 94 times over 4 games (23 times a game), of which CJ has gotten 13/game and Fred 8/game. Fred should be getting 15-20 carries per game. I don't care who gets the rest.

I disagree with the OP that Brown should get a chance to start. Fred should be the starter and get the majority of the carries. He’s proven that he deserves that. CJ should be the change of pace back as I feel he’d have a better shot of breaking the long one after Fred has softened the defense up. Brown is probably more talented than Boobie as a RB but Boobie offers a lot more on special teams so he deserves to be active as well. Until an injury hits one of the top 3 or we just have so many injuries at other positions, Brown will never be active and in my opinion doesn’t deserve to be.

I agree with mrags and others who think that watching CJ run up the middle for a short gain on 1st and 2nd down leaving us with 3rd and 6+ is frustrating…especially when we see Fred consistently get 4-5 yards in the same situation as CJ gets 2. I think CJ’s 4 ypc this season and 5 ypc career averages are kind of misleading for how effective he really is as a RB. If he had any vision at all, he’d average way more than that. Fred’s bobbin’ and weavin’ run through traffic last week (I think it was for like 14 yards) was a thing of beauty and is the perfect example of why I think he should start or at least get more carries. CJ would have gotten maybe 3 yards out of that play.

Call it an excuse if you want but to run sweeps and screens you need o-lineman (typically guards) that can get out in front of them and we just don’t have anyone that can do that very well. I think that really prohibits the use of those types of plays for CJ or any of our other backs. If the other 10 guys can’t execute them, they’ll rarely work. I’d like to see us line CJ up out wide and run a bubble screen to him there with a TE and WR to block for him. If we can get him in space with blockers, he can be dynamic. Problem is, we don’t really have the oline to do that.