OT: Cubs trading Sosa to O's-ESPN

JoeF

Being an Orioles fan, I care and can't say I am too excited. Hopefully the Orioles won't give up many prospects and the Cubs will be paying the majority of the salary.

Angelos has ruined this team... Orioles fans are a dying breed.

222450[/snapback]

In all seriousness, do the Orioles even have any prospects? Their farm system has been abysmal for almost a decade.

In all seriousness, do the Orioles even have any prospects?  Their farm system has been abysmal for almost a decade.

222466[/snapback]

One of the best things that happened to Rochester lately was the Red Wings leaving the Orioles for the Twins. Not a huge baseball fan, but I like a good summer afternoon minor league game now and then.

great trade for the Cubs

Sammy has been a locker room cancer for many years now.

in most clubhouses the starting pitcher chooses the music for the day.

Sammy blasted his Salsa at 11 every day.

the day he skipped out, Kerry Wood took a bat to Sammy's boom box.

he was a good diversion when the Cubs were losing 90+ games/year but they were never going to be a serous series contender with him on the Cubs.

i did not say team because there was no team in Sammy's limited English vocabulary. it was all Me, Me Me.

a bag of batting practice balls would have ben a good trade for him.

addition by subtraction.

he was a huge hole in the lineup batting 3rd. a major rally killer.

he should have batted 8th but finally agreed to go down to 6th. that cost the Cubs a good 5-6 wins early in the year which cost them the playoffs.

great trade for the Cubs

Sammy has been a locker room cancer for many years now.

in most clubhouses the starting pitcher chooses the music for the day.

Sammy blasted his Salsa at 11 every day.

the day he skipped out, Kerry Wood took a bat to Sammy's boom box.

he was a good diversion when the Cubs were losing 90+ games/year but they were never going to be a serous series contender with him on the Cubs.

i did not say team because there was no team in Sammy's limited English vocabulary. it was all  Me, Me Me.

a bag of batting practice balls would have ben a good trade for him.

addition by subtraction.

he was a huge hole in the lineup batting 3rd. a major rally killer.

he should have batted 8th but finally agreed to go down to 6th. that cost the Cubs a good 5-6 wins early in the year which cost them the playoffs.

222572[/snapback]

Great insight! My sister lives in Chicago and I go to tons of Cubs games. She used to live in Wrigleyville two blocks away from Wrigley. Fuggin awesome! I am a Yanks fan but love the Cubs too. I would love to see the Cubs do something next year. They definately have some talent and I agree Sammy gone will help them. Go Cubs!