Can Sam Bradford be the Bills' Drew Brees?

jwhit34

Sam Bradford will probably not be retained by the Rams, it is cost prohibitive to do so given his injury history. So, he will probably be available just like Drew Brees was back in the mid 2000s. The Bills may be the best fit for him and be the most attractive option for him for the following reasons:

1. A good young WR corps.

2. Overall talent on the team, especially on defense.

3. A clear-cut path to being the #1 QB.

4. The Bills can probably outspend other contenders for his services.

I think it would be brilliant - they don't have a 1st round pick, EJ is not looking very good, the Bills have the roster to win now. The one bad thing is the O-line but it has potential, if they could sign a serviceable guard they probably would be pretty good.

I say start the Bradford to Buffalo campaign now a la Takeo Spikes.

Bradford isn't very good so that is the main thing stopping him from being Drew Brees. Anyway, it is better than EJ or Orton for next year (even if most things would be). Was kind of hoping Cousins worked out great and something crazy landed us RGIII.

Edited by MoreOffense

I'm in. The people calling Bradford an injured bust are the same people that would have labeled Brees in the same manner. We don't have a first rounder, and Bradford can be had for a reasonable price most likely. Change of scenery can do wonders for some players.

I'm in. The people calling Bradford an injured bust are the same people that would have labeled Brees in the same manner. We don't have a first rounder, and Bradford can be had for a reasonable price most likely. Change of scenery can do wonders for some players.

Yeah....Bradford just needs to come to the Bills for his career to really take off.

wow.

Brees is more talented. Bradford has showed signs of being a good QB. His stats:

2012 - 16 games, 3,702 yards (231/game), 21 TDs, 13 int.

2013 - 7 games, 1,687 yards (241/game), 14 TDs, 4 int.

In 2013, the Rams' leading receivers were Jared Cook (671 yards), Chris Givens (569) and Tavon Austin (418). In 2012 they were led by Givens (698) and Brandon Gibson (691).

He did pretty well with below average receivers and a running game that was nowhere near the Bills (2012 - Stephen Jackson in decline and '13 was Zac Stacy, a decent back but not as good as Spiller and Jackson).

Yes, he's had 2 ACL injuries, it would carry risk, but if he can pass a physical exam is he less risky than EJ or another veteran QB?