Okay, I'm Paranoid, but can this Goodell mess affect the Sale

plenzmd1

No- this Bills sale is one of the few positives happening recently. It's a feel good story- small fan base rescued by local billionaire, team staying and so forth. They won't be able to approve it fast enough. The only difference is that it won't be the biggest news out of the meeting. All the Goodell talk will be.

The sale will go through. I worry more about the potential loss ( or neutering) of a pro-buffalo commish.

How exactly has he been "pro-Bufdalo" other than the occasional throw away remark? This guy was picked by the big market teams and represented them well (see Spygate (and. still waiting for the Pats'* Dennard to be suspended) and all the talk of LA and international expansion). He needs to go for being caught in lies yet again

Edited by MattM

How exactly has he been "pro-Bufdalo" other than the occasional throw away remark? This guy was picked by the big market teams and represented them well (see Spygate (and. still waiting for the Pats'* Dennard to be suspended) and all the talk of LA and international expansion). He needs to go for being caught in lies yet again

He is from WNY and is a Bills fan (as much as he is allowed to be). I have trashed him as much as anyone on this thread but that doesn't change the fact that he wants the Bills to be successful.

This is insanity. It will be a 31-0 vote. This is a guy they want--enthusiasic with deep pockets and an itch to spend money. In other words, what every other owner has been waiting for with the Bills.

Paranoia is strong on this board.

Edited by Mr. WEO

He is from WNY and is a Bills fan (as much as he is allowed to be). I have trashed him as much as anyone on this thread but that doesn't change the fact that he wants the Bills to be successful.

Really? He grew up in DC, went to St Albans, I believe (about as far from blue collar Buffalo as you can get), and rooted for teams other than the Bills I seem to recall reading elsewhere (Redskins or Giants). His continued push for geographic expansion to LA and London was about chasing the almighty dollar for Kraft, Jones and Snyder and is going to cost two small market fanbases their teams

Really? He grew up in DC, went to St Albans, I believe (about as far from blue collar Buffalo as you can get), and rooted for teams other than the Bills I seem to recall reading elsewhere (Redskins or Giants). His continued push for geographic expansion to LA and London was about chasing the almighty dollar for Kraft, Jones and Snyder and is going to cost two small market fanbases their teams

He is from Jamestown before moving to DC. So he has roots in the area and has said he knows how important the Bills are to the area. But yes- I think he is more of a Giants fan.

His family is from Jamestown. I know for a fact that he is a Bills fan. In addition, he needs a team in. NY.

If there's any effect, it'll probably be to make approval easier. The sale price will give the league something to point to as evidence of the NFL's popularity despite scandals (never mind it doesn't really represent popularity, but the deep pockets of one guy.)

So, if the news just keeps getting worse for the NFL and Roger, might it force the vote for approval of the sale off the October 8th owners meetings? Lets suppose for just a second that Roger steps down in two weeks time, and no new commissioner has been named yet??

I know, i know, i should not worry ...but i cant help it.

No, stop being a nervous nelly, it's a new era, new buffalo and a new Bills.

I was thinking this the other day, they'll spend more time discussing Goodell, etc, and when it comes time for the owner vote, it'll be done and over in less than a minute.

Yeah, it's a one minute deal to bring a financially secure owner into the league that's paying cash. How can it hurt the value of other teams to have the Bills sell for $1.4 Billion ?

Did Pegs impersonate Ray Rice, and then knock out Rice's wife? If not, then NO

Harbaugh wanted to instantly release Rice, and the Ravens owner said no, and then worked with Rodger Goodell to keep this hushed up. Ole Rodger was only doing what an owner wanted.

His job is safe! Unless he wants to step down.