Daily NFL police blotter

That's ok... Your thread title is vague enough to apply to the next one, sure to come down anytime now!

Agreed...in time it will be a pinned item, "9/18/2014 Daily NFL police blotter and exempt list". The exempt list, the list no one knew existed, to steal a line it's like "double secret probation" from Animal House.

Agreed...in time it will be a pinned item, "9/18/2014 Daily NFL police blotter and exempt list". The exempt list, the list no one knew existed, to steal a line it's like "double secret probation" from Animal House.

LoL... A man with vision!

It will be must to have it crossed pinned on the Fantasy Board too! On stop, one shop. Fantasy teams will dread checking that list and finding their star on it! ;-)

I'm still puzzled by the surprise of any of this. These guys excel at a game that is exceptionally violent. They were raised their entire lives to give their all to being the best they can possibly be at the exceptionally violent game. A lot are coddled their entire lives, given special privileges, and often treated as if they are above the law because they are good at a exceptionally violent game. Then society is surprised when this violence spills over into their off-field lives?

I'm still puzzled by the surprise of any of this. These guys excel at a game that is exceptionally violent. They were raised their entire lives to give their all to being the best they can possibly be at the exceptionally violent game. A lot are coddled their entire lives, given special privileges, and often treated as if they are above the law because they are good at a exceptionally violent game. Then society is surprised when this violence spills over into their off-field lives?

Because it's not as common as you think. 47 incidents since Goodell took over. How many players have been in the NFL since that time? 3000? 4000?

Because it's not as common as you think. 47 incidents since Goodell took over. How many players have been in the NFL since that time? 3000? 4000?

I know it's not common. Or at the very least it is not reported publicly often, who knows how often it actually happens.

If the actual percentage is really that low then that would be the surprising thing to me.

over the nearly 15 years that the USA Today data goes back, the 713 arrests mean that 2.53 percent of players have had a serious run-in with the law in an average year. That may sound bad, but the arrest rate is lower than the national average for men in that age range.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/upshot/what-the-numbers-show-about-nfl-player-arrests.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

I know it's not common. Or at the very least it is not reported publicly often, who knows how often it actually happens.

If the actual percentage is really that low then that would be the surprising thing to me.

It really is that low. That's why the "they play a violent game all day," train of thought holds no water with me. If 98% of players are fine, it's not the game. More likely, the violence of football attracts more violence prone people. They say, "hey, trying to rip some guys head off sounds fun," and then get arrested later in their lives.