Does the 2011 5-2 start temper your enthusiasm this year?

BuffaloBill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious what the thoughts are. For me, I am enjoying where we are and just trying to take it one game at a time. I must admit that after the 2011 season I will not say this team has "turned a corner" until the season is done. I still say the hit that Trent Edwards took in that AZ game changed him and led to the implosion. He was not the same player coming back.

I think top to bottom including QB the current roster is far more loaded than 2011. So in this fact I place great hope for the 2014 season.

What a great week for the Bills but I suspect there might even be more fandemonium if it were not for the 2011 collapse.

Edit: a few people have correctly pointed out I have incorrectly combined implosions ... 2008 was Trentative and 2011 was Fitz-not-so-magic.

Absolutely. I expect nothing from this team. They have a history of losing and disappointment until proven otherwise.

I take a wait and see approach.

I want to really enjoy this season, I really do. But yes, 2008 and 2011 still stick in my craw. In 2008, I was convinced that Trent Edwards was the answer at QB. He seemed smart, poised with the football and a cerebral QB in the vein of Tom Brady. Then Arizona happened and I really think it wasn't the hit itself, but Trent's fear of getting hit again, that ruined him. When he made comments about how there was more to his life than football and he "wasn't a fan of the Bills" I knew he was done.

2011 was definitely tempered by 2008. Not only that, I never believed in Fitzpatrick as a quality starting QB. He was making plays but it just seemed "lucky". Not only that, the team had paper thin depth. By the end of the season, most of our receiving corps were street free agents. That year was just a punch to the gut of being a Bills fan.

Ironically, I get to watch Brian Brohm now play his first game as starter for my Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the CFL. Irony...

Going to this year, we've got two wins where I thought we'd have two losses. It's been fun but EJ is still a young, learning QB and he's going to still have his growing pains as a QB. There are going to be games where we're going to need him to throw 30+ passes and we'll see how he does in those situations. I love our defense though. Their "Janet, Ms. Jackson if you're nasty" nasty!

Does getting dumped in 3rd grade affect you meeting a girl in your 20s?

2011 has nothing to do with this year. Face it, we have no control over things so they are going to play out how they play out. Not a single person on the Bills care about 2011. We shouldn't either. Enjoy each game and see how it ends.

Does getting dumped in 3rd grade affect you meeting a girl in your 20s?

2011 has nothing to do with this year. Face it, we have no control over things so they are going to play out how they play out. Not a single person on the Bills care about 2011. We shouldn't either. Enjoy each game and see how it ends.

Yes. Sally was the one.

It doesn't for me with an examination of the talent and depth on this team vs. recent Bills' teams. This 2014 team I believe will a have much better chance of sustainable success.

I agree with this. We will lose some games this year but when we get injuries we have much better depth. In 2011 we barely had enough talent for the first string Injuries did us in.

I was very tempered during the 5-2 start in 2011. I kept saying they're doing it with mirrors - you can't keep counting on turnovers..........Where is the talent on this team? (I have to admit, I finally bought in when we had pass rush in the Skins game to make it 5-2, when of course then the pie was thrown in my face).

This year - we have talent and depth all over the field. Only EJ still worries me.