Stats Lie

The Big Cat

Cause and effectiveness are not synonymous? No kidding. They are completely unrelated concepts.

Wow, That is some warped logic right there. Your answer is, let the EJ haters run rampant. Probably not going to happen.

You are the one who mistook them for one and the same.

The only one posting in this thread about EJ is Kelly.

This thread is meta now.

It's not about EJ, it's about threads that are about EJ.

Yeah but organically.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause and effectiveness are not synonymous.

Someone posts a "rah rah EJ sux" post. Kelly and the gang post some sarcastic posts, then go into other threads NOT about EJ and post the same stupid sarcastic post. Now, not only have they given the "EJ sux" crowd exactly what they wanted in terms of a response, they've gone into another thread to show how "funny," they are. It's tiresome, really.

Kelly's post here, not to single him out, is a shining example of one of the reasons why every thread turns into an EJ thread. Some people just can't stop themselves.

So let me get this straight, the people that post EJ sucks in every thread want to be ridiculed? They want a nonsensical, grossly exaggerated ridiculous rebuttal that shows how stupid they are?

That is exactly what they want in terms of a response?

Got it.

So let me get this straight, the people that post EJ sucks in every thread want to be ridiculed? They want a nonsensical, grossly exaggerated ridiculous rebuttal that shows how stupid they are?

That is exactly what they want in terms of a response?

Got it.

What does a troll want? Do you really think the people posting about how EJ sucks and will never be good are playing with full decks?

You are still the only person in this thread posting about EJ. I still don't know why. Preemptive defense in case an "EJ sux" guy opens the thread? Maybe you are trying your hand at drawing reactions.

Edited by FireChan

YOU brought EJ into it. :wallbash:

" I can turn it into an EJ thread, if you'd rather read that."

Fair enough. All I'm trying to say, is that while your intentions are good to try to quell the crazy, jumping into threads and posting what you did doesn't help anything. In fact, I believe it hampers your cause.

Well this has been fun.

I knew this thread wouldn't last!

Edited by FireChan

What is Kelly's cause you speak of ?

To have posters not be absurd and filled with illogical hate towards our QB? Or at the very least, poke holes in their logic so EJ's most vocally illogical detractors look like fools? At least, that's what I assumed.

You guys cannot tell me you haven't grown tired of "EJ isn't our franchise QB and never will be."

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe you guys really just love posting stuff like, "Oh wow that QB checked down! Bust amirite?!" That's cool, but almost as annoying.

Well this has been fun.

I believe we can call half of page 3 and all of page 4 of this thread the "garbage time" of topics.

Edited by FireChan

Fair enough. All I'm trying to say, is that while your intentions are good to try to quell the crazy, jumping into threads and posting what you did doesn't help anything. In fact, I believe it hampers your cause.

Stats lie. :lol:

And what you say has some truth in it.

Although long ago I gave up trying to get any basher of any kind to really change their mind. They rarely if ever do. Those posts are not at all meant to make trolls stop what they are doing, they are meant to mildly amuse posters that already see how foolish it is by twisting the twisted logic. Sometimes they fail in their attempt to be mildly amusing.

Stats lie. :lol:

And what you say has some truth in it.

Although long ago I gave up trying to get any basher of any kind to really change their mind. They rarely if ever do. Those posts are not at all meant to make trolls stop what they are doing, they are meant to mildly amuse posters that already see how foolish it is by twisting the twisted logic. Sometimes they fail in their attempt to be mildly amusing.

Fair, I know it's intended to be funny. I could just see one of the EJ sux guys seeing your post and then, bang! we'd be debating what constitutes "throws down the field," on page 6 of a garbage time thread.

Edited by FireChan

I believe it is not only that, but now about how and why all threads are about EJ. Heady stuff, no?

No. Do we have a forum for threads about message board behavior? This thread should get moved there so we can discuss whether stats are a reasonable way to judge anything about this game of football.

(As if that isn't meta).

I will take a top 5 scoring defense over a top 5 defense based on yards any day. Turnovers and YPA rule the day.

Yep. Those stats just bend the truth at times. They never downright lie. The idea is to stop the other team from scoring points, and turning the ball over.

I've always hated how defenses are judged on yards allowed. Who cares if they drive from the 35 to the 1 if they still only get a field goal?