Early Matchup - MD / KW vs. Ohrnberger

Obviously our entire D-line had a great game yesterday, with crowd noise playing a huge role. For the 2nd game in a row, San Diego is going to be starting backup center Rich Ohrnberger. This guy has bounced around the league since 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4cEH2JdQQ&feature=youtu.be&t=25s

I expect the crowd to again play a big factor, and I expect the D-line to have another huge day.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Ohrnberger has been solid for the Chargers. I don't think there's that much of a dropoff between him and Hardwick.

He hasn't played much at all, started this week and 1 start last year. He played decent at home this week (there was a sack he allowed that was called back for defensive holding, but it was not a coverage sack.)

The Dolphins chose to use the center and left guard to block our RDT (mostly Dareus) all game, leaving Kyle one on one with the RG, from what I noticed...

Wonder if the Chargers will decide to double KW instead of Marcell...

What is interesting about this is that last week the Bears also double teamed Dareus and left the rest of the line one on one. Lock the big man up long term!

I was wondering why I hardly ever heard Dareus' name called. In past years it would have meant he was dogging it. This year it means he's playing so well the other team can't afford to let him loose.

i think the teams we have played have not had the interior OL to take him one on one. SD might.... Chaz Reihngold

i think the teams we have played have not had the interior OL to take him one on one. SD might.... Chaz Reihngold

I didn't realize he was on their team. Our D is going to have a tough time now that I know that. Hopefully we can get some coverage sacks instead of "beat your ass at the line" sacks.

I was wondering why I hardly ever heard Dareus' name called. In past years it would have meant he was dogging it. This year it means he's playing so well the other team can't afford to let him loose.

Dareus is regularly double teamed to include last year.

I didn't realize he was on their team. Our D is going to have a tough time now that I know that. Hopefully we can get some coverage sacks instead of "beat your ass at the line" sacks.

well, if we have to settle for a few of the latter...i guess i could live with that. :flirt: Edited by swnybillsfan