Announcers for Bills/Fins game

dascottbills28

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills/Dolphins game, a battle of 1-0 teams, gets the lowest rated announcing team for CBS of Tom McCarthy and Adam Archuleta. Who on earth is Tom McCarthy and why doesnt this game at least warrant an announcing team that somebody has heard of?

FYI: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170733-nfl-maps-2014-week-2/

Tom McCarthy is the play by play announcer for the Phillies and apparently also works for Westwood One

Tom McCarthy is entering his third season as a play-by-play announcer for coverage of select Sunday afternoon NFL games after previously calling college basketball and football on Westwood One in 2008 and 2009.

Tom currently does basketball and football play-by-play for CBS Sports Network, and will join CBS Sports for select NFL broadcasts this season. He is also the television play-by-play voice for the Philadelphia Phillies. He spent the 2006-2007 seasons as a radio broadcaster with the New York Mets before joining the Phillies. McCarthy spent six seasons with the Trenton Thunder, the former double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, doing play-by-play on radio and television for CN8. He has also worked as the radio voice of the Saint Joseph’s University men’s basketball, Rutgers University football and Princeton University football and men’s basketball.

Tom McCarthy is the play by play announcer for the Phillies and apparently also works for Westwood One

Tom McCarthy is entering his third season as a play-by-play announcer for coverage of select Sunday afternoon NFL games after previously calling college basketball and football on Westwood One in 2008 and 2009.

Tom currently does basketball and football play-by-play for CBS Sports Network, and will join CBS Sports for select NFL broadcasts this season. He is also the television play-by-play voice for the Philadelphia Phillies. He spent the 2006-2007 seasons as a radio broadcaster with the New York Mets before joining the Phillies. McCarthy spent six seasons with the Trenton Thunder, the former double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, doing play-by-play on radio and television for CN8. He has also worked as the radio voice of the Saint Joseph’s University men’s basketball, Rutgers University football and Princeton University football and men’s basketball.

I hope he's better as a baseball announcer on a football broadcast than Joe Buck.

I hope he's better as a baseball announcer on a football broadcast than Joe Buck.

tough for me to really say how good or bad he is as he took over after Harry Kalas passed away so no one was going to be good at play by play for Phillies games to me

the ironic thing is that he is a Mets fan doing play by play for the Phillies trying to showing the home town enthusiam which he sometimes goes a bit overboard with so im curious to see how he announces a football game as an unbiased announcer

Adam Archuleta though...oooofff. Hopefully he isnt as bad as Rhonde Barber

im all for the new guy - SO tired of Buck or most Fox games they slant the broadcast towards the NFC and their interest which the other networks do not do, but it is Fox. Gumble or Nantz who sucks, every time I hear Solomon Wilcots I cringe. His inability to to move on talking about today's game not 7 years ago Ben Rothlisberger is not Elite as an example . Ian Eagle I really like and that might be about it, Collinsworth is okay but he's teamed with Al Michaels who is more interested in telling you who he knows than the game. Ya lets try the new guy

Edited by CardinalScotts

Scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, stuttering Chinese guys would probably be better.

Listen to the game . It better some times. Tough if its not synched and watching too. But its an option .

I am going to stay open minded .

Go bills announcers !