I "Live" in BUFFALO !!!

BonJovi

Born and raised in the Roc and am still here. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Canandaigua is beautiful, lake road in Webster is beautifil. Love being by the water....unless it's the Genasty River. And if you think Buffalo smells like farts, take a ride through Savanah, Georgia where the paper mills are, then get back to me. I think WNY is the most underrated place in the country. I even forgot to mention the Thousand Islands region or the Niagara River flowing through the Tonawandas leading to the falls. The four seasons are great, even though we hardly get spring. The food will kill you, but it's damn tasty. WNY is second to none. Go Bills/Sabres!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to have to disagree with this too. I live in central Pennsylvania, also known as Pennsyltucky or the Alabama betwen Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. There is Wegmans in State College(home of Penn State), anyways when they make a Buffalo style pizza they label it as *spicy cup pepperoni pizza* and next to it will have what they think is a pizza with this razor thin pepperoni that is just terrible coupled with a bland sauce. Buffalo pepperoni is pretty unique.

Sub rolls down here are often just slabs of dough they proof a little, then throw in the oven, that are 6 inches wide it the middle, overloaded with lettuce. I think I miss a good

I believe many pizzerias in WNY use pepperoni made by Ezzo, from Columbus, OH. One of their products, Ezzo Supreme Special, was developed specifically for Buffalo area restaurants. I think some use their GiAntonio style as well.

http://www.ezzo.com/products.html

And man do I miss a Viola's sub (double steak and cheese, of course).

So because I moved to an area that is better for me and don't enjoy surrounding myself with a bunch of drunken idiots, I am a piece of ****?

No I don't think that's the reason, or certainly not the only reason, you are a POS. But expressing it the way you do tends to confirm the POS diagnosis.

And remember, while drunken idiots may be annoying, they pale in comparison to sober idiots. Drunken idiots can be OK when sober. Sober idiots are pretty much idiots all the time.

I moved out of buffalo and I miss family, friends and pizza. I can't say I miss anything else about buffalo.

I can still watch all my bills games on tv. Going to the stadium used to be fun when I was an immature, college drunk. When I became an adult, the scene at the stadium turned pathetic with a bunch of drunken idiots irritating everyone who isn't completely wasted.

So obviously you do not go too Bucs games.

Noo I usually don't. I tried too see bills here last year, but they never showed up. Rumor was that they were having soo much fun at one of our beautiful beaches that they forgot there was a game.

See, that's what I'm taking about. A comment like that is a clear sign of acute POS syndrome. I'd have that checked out.

lol. And I suppose you think they put in any effort whatsoever during that game? Did you even watch it?

Not the point. And anyone who didn't suffer from POS syndrome would likely know that, (And I watch EVERY game.)

lol. And I suppose you think they put in any effort whatsoever during that game? Did you even watch it?

I was there for the game. Yeah, a real stinker. First time in Tampa, drove all around... Stayed @ Embassy Suites. IMO, I thought the area was kinda of dumpy and sketchy in parts especially around the hotel. And... I am used to the industrial areas around here. Tampa is a nice place to visit, but wouldn't choose to live there. Maybe it's the hot weather... I couldn't even sit in my seat for more than the opening kickoff... Just walked around and watched, kinda like the ballpark. Then there was the log jams @ the stadium... :wallbash: I am just not into the "jungle look." I am neither a beach goer either... I prefer to be a sweater wearer. Houses up north seem so much nicer for what you get.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I was there for the game. Yeah, a real stinker. First time in Tampa, drove all around... Stayed @ Embassy Suites. IMO, I thought the area was kinda of dumpy and sketchy in parts especially around the hotel. And... I am used to the industrial areas around here. Tampa is a nice place to visit, but wouldn't choose to live there. Maybe it's the hot weather... I couldn't even sit in my seat for more than the opening kickoff... Just walked around and watched, kinda like the ballpark. Then there was the log jams @ the stadium... :wallbash: I am just not into the "jungle look." I am neither a beach goer either... I prefer to be a sweater wearer. Houses up north seem so much nicer for what you get.

There was a huge log jam near the pirate ship in the stadium...that drove me crazy. There are definitely some dumpy areas like any city. But the outskirts of tampa are booming and you can get a brand new house in a great school district for the price of a house built in the early 80's that needs a shitload of work in Williamsville. Plus no state income taxes and gas prices are 3.15.

There was a huge log jam near the pirate ship in the stadium...that drove me crazy. There are definitely some dumpy areas like any city. But the outskirts of tampa are booming and you can get a brand new house in a great school district for the price of a house built in the early 80's that needs a shitload of work in Williamsville. Plus no state income taxes and gas prices are 3.15.

Possible frost inland here tonight... Low down to 34 or so... I love it@ Great if it would go down to 25! Kill all the bugs! That's what I can't stand about The South and "endless summer." The bugs and the vegetation...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Oh boy... Now you did it! I said that to my brother (who lives in WNY) a few years back. His reply?

"Every F***ing other day you clean off/shovel 6 inches of snow... You'd get sick of it too."

Isn't that what teenagers are for? 5:30 am. Poke the teenager. "It snowed last night. Get up and shovel the driveway so I can go to work"

Yeah... If there was one around.

C'mon there is always someone around. When I got a relatively small allowance from my parents, I would hire younger kids to mow the lawn for less than what I was getting. I hated lawn work.

Edited by The Dean

C'mon there is always someone around. When I got a relatively small allowance from my parents, I would hire younger kids to mow the lawn for less than what I was getting. I hated lawn work.

"...Nothing but the dead and dying

Back in my little town

Nothing but the dead and dying

Back in my little town

Nothing but the dead and dying

Back in my little town..."