Sam Wyche Says OPEN QB Competition This Year..

Sam Wyche said that Drew had a good year and really re-dedicated himself in 2004 and was on a mission. However, they are going to take a long look at JP Losman in the Pre-season and he does not know how much he'll play or if he will start but JP is a first round pick and he will get a long look.

He said that Drew has been in the league a long time and knows how this works..

Wyche said there will be some good competition there....

the link is below, just search for 1/26 on the page if you want listen to it

Go to the 9:08 mark and listen away!!

http://wfan.com/joebsid/

thanks for the content, air.

i think this is part 1 of damage control. Huh? I think Drew hasn't called the Bills since Donahoe aired his "needs to take a paycut" directive through the media. I think it created nothing but cricket sounds.

We'll probably hear more about this open competition. They don't want to de-value Bledsoe, even if only in perception. They want to up his value in any way they can. I don't believe he'll be a Bill next year cuz he'll be too busy learning Parcells' offense.

Expect a 4th round pick.

Of course, I'm just guessing.

thanks for the content, air.

i think this is part 1 of damage control. Huh? I think Drew hasn't called the Bills since Donahoe aired his "needs to take a paycut" directive through the media. I think it created nothing but cricket sounds.

We'll probably hear more about this open competition. They don't want to de-value Bledsoe, even if only in perception. They want to up his value in any way they can. I don't believe he'll be a Bill next year cuz he'll be too busy learning Parcells' offense.

Expect a 4th round pick.

Of course, I'm just guessing.

221182[/snapback]

I think you're 100% right, except I think he does come back next year, once he realizes what the market won't bear for him.

All I can say is the Dilferazation process will continue for another year. Drew will manage this team to the Bowl next year. All this WILD speculation is the main reason i dread the off season the way I do.... :P

221193[/snapback]

Which bowl would that be? Is it in that little room at the end of the hall?

Drew is a great guy. His strong arm is his only strength at QB. That is not enough.

MAkes sense. It seems what the same as what TD said with out the theatrics. If you draft a guy in the first round, your gonna want to see if he can play.

One thing you haen't heard anyone say is that Loseman is close to being ready.

MAybe that will change in the off-season.

I guess nobody told Sam that it's DB's team...or at least that's what Bledsoe told the media! :w00t:

221574[/snapback]

Actually, it IS Bledsoe's team until JPL takes it from him. If the season were to start today, DB would be the starter.

I guess this throws out the theory that he'll be cut before March 1st.

CW

Actually, it IS Bledsoe's team until JPL takes it from him.  If the season were to start today, DB would be the starter. 

I guess this throws out the theory that he'll be cut before March 1st.

CW

221786[/snapback]

Of course, at this point in 2001, it was still Rob Johnson or Alex Van Pelt's team.

It is a nothing statement. "Jp getting a long look", well what the heck is he supposed to say? "JP will only get a short look" in camp? Of course it is an open competition, it always is. If one guy out plays another guy in camp, then he starts. It won't matter if 7 months before that the QB coach called the QB position "closed" or "open". Can you imagine that conversation:

MM: Gee, JP is playing great in camp, way better than Drew.

TC: Yeah, he sure is, no question about it, he is the best QB on the roster.

SW: Too bad we can't play him, damn, if only we hadn't said the competition at

QB was "closed" back in January.

MM: I know, but what can we do now? We're stuck.