Would ya? Florida mom

BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that level lethal? I think BAC > 0.3 can be potentially life threatening. Maybe some Doc on here can set me straight

That is what I was thinking... 41.3% of the blood is alcohol, huh? Speed, coke, meth... I am not sure anything would keep her going, let alone driving.

She should be in a coma:

http://www.examiner.com/article/renata-congleton-arrested-school-shocked-at-mom-driving-drunk-413-bac

"...It's also surprising that the woman hadn't drunk herself into a coma, or a casket. According to a helpful fact sheet on blood alcohol concentration from Clemson, "BAC .40 percent to .50 percent: You are probably in a coma. The nerve centers controlling your heartbeat and respiration are slowing down, and it’s a miracle if you survive. Scientists use the term 'lethal dose' (LD) to describe the blood alcohol concentration that produces death from alcohol poisoning in half the population. Most authorities agree that BACs in the 0.40 percent to 0.50 percent range meet the requirement."

I wonder if a good defense lawyer would get that breathalyzer thrown out? What did a blood test reveal (if they even took one)?

That is what I was thinking... 41.3% of the blood is alcohol, huh? Speed, coke, meth... I am not sure anything would keep her going, let alone driving.

That's 41.3 hundredths of a percent. Not 41 percent.

41% alcohol in the blood is called "embalming."

She should be in a coma:

http://www.examiner.com/article/renata-congleton-arrested-school-shocked-at-mom-driving-drunk-413-bac

"...It's also surprising that the woman hadn't drunk herself into a coma, or a casket. According to a helpful fact sheet on blood alcohol concentration from Clemson, "BAC .40 percent to .50 percent: You are probably in a coma. The nerve centers controlling your heartbeat and respiration are slowing down, and it’s a miracle if you survive. Scientists use the term 'lethal dose' (LD) to describe the blood alcohol concentration that produces death from alcohol poisoning in half the population. Most authorities agree that BACs in the 0.40 percent to 0.50 percent range meet the requirement."

I wonder if a good defense lawyer would get that breathalyzer thrown out? What did a blood test reveal (if they even took one)?

It isn't always easy converting to metric, lol...

Also- what was your BAC while typing that post?

Isn't that level lethal? I think BAC > 0.3 can be potentially life threatening. Maybe some Doc on here can set me straight

http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/campus-services/redfern/alcohol/bac.html

BAC .40 percent to .50 percent

You are probably in a coma.

possibility of death starts @ .3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

http://www.clemson.e...lcohol/bac.html

http://en.wikipedia....alcohol_content

Different bodies, with different biochemistry, handle it differently, though.

This woman apparently has a high threshold. Sounds like The Dean's kind of gal...

It isn't always easy converting to metric, lol...

Also- what was your BAC while typing that post?

Unfotunately, zero... LoL...

Like DC said... Embalming fluid would be running through @ 41% For some reason whenever I see BAC, I want to slide the decimal point over and "convert" to a %... I know that is absurd because it is already a % But, thinking in the hundreth of a % is so minuscule... LoL

I was under the impression The Dean was into the opposite.... Low threshold

No. He enjoys a good battle... ;-P

Potentially.

Yep. Though possibility starts a lot sooner (for other reasons) depending on stupid behavior.

Yep.

This woman apparently has a high threshold. Sounds like The Dean's kind of gal...

Definitely. Pretty much anyone is faced at that level, though. Some people can handle s#itfaces better than others. For some of us, the legal limit (.08) is a base level. Hard for me to think properly if I get much below that. :rolleyes:

As for my preferences in women...

I was under the impression The Dean was into the opposite.... Low threshold

No. He enjoys a good battle... ;-P

...you'll just have to guess on what I prefer. But I will say I've had too many girlfriends with the worst combination: Low tolerance, no willpower, bats#it crazy when drunk. I can't do that anymore.

Definitely. Pretty much anyone is faced at that level, though. Some people can handle s#itfaces better than others. For some of us, the legal limit (.08) is a base level. Hard for me to think properly if I get much below that. :rolleyes:

As for my preferences in women...

...you'll just have to guess on what I prefer. But I will say I've had too many girlfriends with the worst combination: Low tolerance, no willpower, bats#it crazy when drunk. I can't do that anymore.

Didn't you just describe 95% of the female pop?

Didn't you just describe 95% of the female pop?

Well, maybe 95% of my ex-girlfriends anyway.

My best girlfriends were light-to-moderate drinkers and that's about it. Fun when tipsy. No real problem with any other substances---maybe take a puff of cheeb now and then. I actually know a few women who can drink, and act relatively normal (like me--at least that's my story). But there seem to be few of them, and quite frankly, few men seem to be able to do that, too.

As a former bartender I see too many people who are "instant idiots--just add alcohol!"