Week 2: Dolphins' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An unbalanced line is Miami's only hope. They're awful up the middle, if the All 22 of the *pats game can be believed. Dareus and Kyle are going to feast this weekend.

What will be interesting is seeing how Buffalo responds to that double-stack package concept. My guess is they'll do the opposite of NE...go big nickel and keep a safety in the face of the WR on the LOS to eat up the block. That way the CB on that side can trail the back WR. They can still leave Aaron Williams as the deep safety and play 6 in the box. With Spikes eating up a blocker, the worst case scenario is that Bradham is 1-on-1 with the RB.

Good clip of the very same packaged play and how to defend it:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/9/2/4685894/redskins-vs-eagles-preview-defending-eagles-packaged-play

I personally think it works better leaving 6 in the box and going to 3 safeties, but the gist is the same.

@GregLikens

9 #Dolphins listed as probable for #Bills game: Wheeler, Aikens, Clay, McCain, Moreno, Shelby, Sims, Starks, & Wallace

News from #Dolphins injury report is that Wheeler will make his 2014 regular season debut & that McCain & Starks are ready to play

So the #Dolphins starting LBs vs the #Bills on Sunday should be: Wheeler, Trusnik, & Jenkins. Will be helped by a healthy Starks up front

@MiamiDolphins

Final injury updates. #MIAvsBUF: http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Dolphins-Bills-Friday-Injury-Updates/90af5f0a-7fab-4e56-a2ad-59f3d1f15fda …

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Throwback Uniforms

The modern interpretation of this historic design was originally showcased during the 50th Anniversary of the AFL back in 2009 and this weekend will be showcased on a Nike NFL Elite 51 chassis.

Bills Touch a must-have for Bills fans on gameday

Download the Bills Touch Fan Playbook for Week 2 of the Buffalo Bills 2014 season for a behind-the-scenes look at the team and all the action on gameday on your tablet.

FolioCover_wk2.jpg

I've been Bradham's harshest critic since his rookie year and going into the offseason he was considered a fringe player by the staff. They challenged him and he responded. He was a fixture in the building all offseason and became a film junkie. The result has been his best camp to date. I do think he's an upgrade over Brown who, while having a couple nice moments, really looked like a rookie against the Bears, especially his tackling. It was atrocious. But with Rivers out, it doesn't matter if Bradham is an upgrade or not as Brown will have to start anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

yes but now on the other side ?

Bradham is a different type of player than Brown. He is built to man the slot rec on occasion. Brown , i may suggest is more at home replacing Rivers or even Spikes next year

This will hurt more if Aaron Williams does not play as well, as his presence in the defensive backfield would set Buffalo up well to play a big nickel as the base defense with Aaron at FS, Duke at SS, and Searcy as the big nickel.

They could then move Searcy to SS on obvious passing downs, bringing in either Robey or Graham for Duke.

Of course, if Aaron is out, they could do the same thing, but would need to play Graham at FS instead of Aaron (provided that Gilmore can play).

A lot of interesting defensive possibilities for both teams resulting from injuries.

Nice to have reasonable possibilities to consider isn't it though ? Edited by 3rdand12

Mark Kelso: Dolphins-Bills Game Preview <12:42>

Murph's broadcast partner, Mark Kelso joined The John Murphy Show to breakdown Sunday's game against the Dolphins. He discusses the offensive line matchup and what he has seen from QB Ryan Tannehill.

Manny Lawson is Mr. Reliable

A player that is not at the forefront when mentioning the defensive core, but probably should be, is DE Manny Lawson.

manny-reliable-story.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I expect to see at least Dion Jordan on the field this week.

He's serving a 4-game suspension as it stands today, and unless the new drug policy gets both passed and administrated at light speed, I don't see it happening.

Plus, wasn't Jordan suspended under the PED policy? I do not believe that's being significantly altered under these changes.

As a side note, one of my former AP cohorts was at Dolphins' minicamp this year and said that it was only a matter of time before Jordan got nabbed for PEDs. Said it was almost a joke how much bigger he was from last season.

Still, unless he's made major strides in his game, I'm not sure they miss him.

Edited by thebandit27