Bills may be interested in David Baas

From http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=346000

(you'll need a subscription) - trust me, it says they're scouting him hard at the Senior Bowl practices.

He can play Guard or Center, but is probably more suited to center IMO.

220917[/snapback]

I'm curious why you feel he's a better center? I feel the opposite. I know he can play both but if read his bio at MGoBlue.com he's played most of his collegiate career at LG which is where I'd put him. He should be the 2nd OG selected with the top guy likely being Elton Brown from Virginia but sadly both of which I suspect will be gone by the Bills draft but one can hope either one would fall to us.

I'm curious why you feel he's a better center? I feel the opposite. I know he can play both but if read his bio at MGoBlue.com he's played most of his collegiate career at LG which is where I'd put him. He should be the 2nd OG selected with the top guy likely being Elton Brown from Virginia but sadly both of which I suspect will be gone by the Bills draft but one can hope either one would fall to us.

220966[/snapback]

Because from what I've read he's not as athletic as you'd want from a Guard, but he's tough and intelligent. Haven't really paid attention to his play that much though, so I could certainly be wrong. If the Bills take him they'll almost certainly put him at RG - Teague is fine at Center.

From http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=346000

(you'll need a subscription) - trust me, it says they're scouting him hard at the Senior Bowl practices.

He can play Guard or Center, but is probably more suited to center IMO.

220917[/snapback]

Good to see. They talked about him at the end of the practice today on ESPN. He seemed to be very solid out there even though it was practice.

i think it's too early to pin down where baas will go........he is defantiely behind brown on most boards, and even behind brooks on some.......how often do 3 guards go before midway through the 2nd round? not very often.....guards generally slip year in and year out........people said steinbach wouldn't make it out of the first round, and he did.......