Sal Capaccio

Big Blitz

I totally agree... Cannot stand Dope and the bulldog... I also cannot believe this dude still has a job. He must be blowing someone or friends with the boss.... They would have way more listeners if Sal, Joe, and a former Bill hosted.

Good post

Your post? Not so much..

Edit the unnessessary sexual context and -being a newb, it'll slide. It's not acceptable on this forum.

Welcome! Btw..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else growing to really like him?

If I'm WGR management, I fire Schoop and the Bulldog and replace him with Sal and a former player---like a Darryl Talley---for the 3 pm show. I know what you're saying--but they'd need a hockey guy for hockey season. I haven't heard one on at 3 in a long time so what does it matter. I get my fill from the morning crew.

Anyway, as someone mentioned today here, Schoop is an absolute joke. You can trash certain things our local teams do (actually for him its never the Sabres--at least nowhere near as hard as he does the Bills). But he trashes them just to trash them. There is no insight, there is just EJ EJ EJ EJ. Remember when he used to go by the whole "sports talk for smart people" crap. Back when he endorsed Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie. The WNSA days.

Today the moron started his show wanting to talk about the USC player who lied about saving his nephew or something....and Schoop turned into a TEN MINUTE monologue about how when he was in 3rd grade he told this crazy lie to his teacher. End take. That was it. And I'm so sick of his "I need something interesting to talk about" crap. Find something idiot! There's a ton to discuss that matters to us fans. Don't troll us for callers. I'm so freaking done listening to this clown.

Back to Sal...really appreciating his work on the radio. He brings good balance and insight. Puts things in context and perspective--criticizes what needs to be criticized. But he manages to do it in a way that doesn't make you walk away hating life. Like Schoop seems intent on doing.

I think Sal is great with the callers to. My one criticism of him would be to talk slower---but I'm assuming he's Italian, he's from NY, maybe Catholic, so the fast talking would make sense. I envision him using his hands a ton.

So kudos to you Sal..I think you're doing fantastic and I'd put you on that 3 o clock show in a second.

Hope the WGR higher ups realize it.

I agree 1000% with every word of this post! I think Sal is the best local football analyst since Chris Brown was on GR years ago! With all the anti Schopp stuff I read here as well as on their site, why don't they take notice that people hate the douchebag? I refuse to listen to his show, period. I miss the Bills talk, especially post game, but refuse to support someone that is such an arrogant assclown!

Sal should be the main guy on post games. (He said tonight that he'll be coming on after S&B after home games. Since he'll be traveling with the team, he won't be after road games).

That's the time I want to hear X and Os etc.

I really wouldn't be a big fan of his as an every day host. I think he'd be a little dry for that.