Why are so many so down on Tuel?

Mr. T

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be high on him if he wasn't lousy in college, had a 4-21 record, benched as a senior by a QB guru, undrafted, not big, no strong arm, not a great runner or scrambler, no exceptional professional qualities, terrible against the rush, no leadership qualities, and a penchant if not insistence on making a horrendous pass, decision or turnover late in the game.

So you're sayin' we have a chance?

I still lay that one on the coaching staff. They were running at will and for some reason decided to have their 3d string QB throw over the middle into a crowded end-zone. Worst goal line call since Jauron did the same thing with a rookie QB against Dallas on MNF when a FG would have forced Dallas to score two TDs to win.

Exactly

Coaching staff should have known a field goal keeps the "mo" on our side. My TV almost was hit on that play call. I was screaming just "run the damn ball" before the play.

But then again we talking about the Bills here...

I really don't get why so many are quick to jump all over Jeff Tuel? For an undrafted QB only in his second year I think he has shown the potential to be a decent backup.

He looked REALLY good last year in preseason. So much so that many were calling for him to be given a shot to compete with EJ as a starter.

He was forced into the game with Cleveland last year when EJ got hurt, and laid an egg. He stunk. But that has happened to the best backup QBs. We all think of Frank Reich as a great backup because of the greatest comback in NFL history against Houston. But I also remember many other times he was forced in action where I would cringe when he dropped back to pass.

Many who jump all over Tuel as a terrible QB point to the pick six INT against KC that turned the game around just before half time. But three things need to be pointed out. First, up to that fateful pass he was actually playing better than EJ did in any game last year. Second, that pass was intended for Stevie Johnson, who broke off the designed pattern and freelanced (as most people finally acknowledge he did routinely), resulting in the defender stepping in front of the pass and taking it to the house. Third, the pass play should have NEVER been called to begin with. All of that was a recipe for disaster for any rookie QB.

As far as this year I think he has played the best out of all the Bills QBs. I know that is setting the bar low, but in my opinion he has shown more confidence, poise, mobility, and willingness to throw the ball down field than EJ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway calling for Tuel to be the Bills starting QB. That position belongs to EJ until he proves he doesn't deserve it any longer. EJ needs to be given a fair shot at developing into what we all hope he can. But I think the same holds true for Jeff Tuel in developing into a decent backup. At this point I think I've seen more out of Tuel becoming that decent backup, than I have in EJ becoming the franchise QB we all hope he will become.

I agree. Tuel is not as bad as a lot of people think. He produced a lot of yards in the KC game and looked great except for the int that was caused by Stevie..

I would be high on him if he wasn't lousy in college, had a 4-21 record, benched as a senior by a QB guru, undrafted, not big, no strong arm, not a great runner or scrambler, no exceptional professional qualities, terrible against the rush, no leadership qualities, and a penchant if not insistence on making a horrendous pass, decision or turnover late in the game.

Aside from those few things you've mentioned, Tuel is everything I want in a QB.

I agree. Tuel is not as bad as a lot of people think. He produced a lot of yards in the KC game and looked great except for the int that was caused by Stevie..

You're going to get flamed for that one....few people will have an open mind enough to view it objectively...but welcome to the insanity.

:wallbash::w00t:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Please explain this. Please!

^^See what I mean...although through a few Shoutbox conversations with Dork, aptly named by the way, unless you're willing to ride with the popular pick, you're an idiot, a dummy, a loser....so, either follow the popular crowd, or be forced to ride the short bus because no one but him, and those who agree with him, are allowed to have an opinion divergent from his own without feeling bullied by name-calling. However, once again, welcome to this esoteric group of losers who will remain open-minded and objective about what EJ is and is not and that Tuel should at least be given a chance...this year, not last

^^See what I mean...although through a few Shoutbox conversations with Dork, aptly named by the way, unless you're willing to ride with the popular pick, you're an idiot, a dummy, a loser....so, either follow the popular crowd, or be forced to ride the short bus because no one but him, and those who agree with him, are allowed to have an opinion divergent from his own without feeling bullied by name-calling. However, once again, welcome to this esoteric group of losers who will remain open-minded and objective about what EJ is and is not and that Tuel should at least be given a chance...this year, not last

I was more asking how a wide open Stevie Johnson is at fault for that interception. But please continue your personal insults. they are fun.

I was more asking how a wide open Stevie Johnson is at fault for that interception. But please continue your personal insults. they are fun.

We had this discussion yesterday, I won't re-hash the dialogue, but in it you referred to my opinion as "the dumbest thing" you'd ever heard...so I normally refuse to denigrate myself to someone else's base level of pejorative statements, but as you seem to enjoy doing your best to make others feel small and less significant by pontificating with disgust and ridicule, I took the bait...that would be my mistake. So, here's me trying to find my way back to the high road after detour down to your level...that was U-turn once again...so, here we go again. This issue is dead to me and I'm not debating it anymore...my already fragile sanity can't handle the enormity of arrogant and disrespectful folks who don't know how to disagree without injecting "stupid" or "dumb"....so, there it is.

We had this discussion yesterday, I won't re-hash the dialogue, but in it you referred to my opinion as "the dumbest thing" you'd ever heard...so I normally refuse to denigrate myself to someone else's base level of pejorative statements, but as you seem to enjoy doing your best to make others feel small and less significant by pontificating with disgust and ridicule, I took the bait...that would be my mistake. So, here's me trying to find my way back to the high road after detour down to your level...that was U-turn once again...so, here we go again. This issue is dead to me and I'm not debating it anymore...my already fragile sanity can't handle the enormity of arrogant and disrespectful folks who don't know how to disagree without injecting "stupid" or "dumb"....so, there it is.

Verbal headshot.

Verbal headshot.

Sigh....I know and I'm lesser for it...but some days, it's just too freakin' difficult to walk away...

Edit: it's such a rough day, I forgot the extra "o" on the word "too"...ughh

Edited by BigBuff423