Bills Release Alan Branch After DWI Arrest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More dead cap $ sucks for the Bills.

I hear ya. My point was that is the kind of guy he always was. He signed with the Seahawks for two years at $8m. He signed with the bills last year for one year at 3m. It wasn't like this was the first time he had money. He didn't look all that great from what I remember at Seattle until game time in the regular season and playoffs and then he turned it on. He didn't wow anyone last year in preseason and then in the regular season was a solid contributor, enough to re-sign him as a backup for over 3m again. I'm not sure anyone could have predicted this.

Yeah. It's that "reason" that I am looking for. Seems… asinine? Near-sighted? Crippling?

The Bills are not going to be in danger of going over the cap. The dead money really has no effect on anything this year. You could say it could open up money to re-sign some players but there really aren't any that I think the team wants to do now. Spiller doesn't have an agent and you want to see what he does this year. Dareus you need to know if he can stay out of trouble. Hughes is really hard to do now because of money tied up on DL and he has had one good year. Cordy still has two years left. And if they wanted to sign one of them they easily could right now.

Tired if these guys who act like this. They are given free transportation by the team if they need it. Probably past his curfew anyway.

Came into camp out of shape and was probably in trouble of making the team anyway. Someone will give him a shot at some point.

Edited by davefan66