Financially the Buffalo Bills may be locked in

HOUSE

I don't claim to be an expert here but some food for thought.

During the sale period, the present party or trust in charge of the sale can't do anything that would disrupt or change the value of the franchise.

So, what does this mean???

Well, Buffalo can not trade for Tom Brady and add this 124 million dollar contract to the cap , raise or lower the value of the team during the sale period.

I learned this from the sale of the Clippers, assets and financial flexibility were frozen till after the sale.

So how does this effect the 2014 Buffalo Bills ? You may see very little movement during the sale period THEN a possible BIG move after the sale.

So, it appears we are locked in for now

Basically, NO SOUP FOR YOU! :nana:

--

Edited by HOUSE

I would imagine that woulds be one of the "exhange" issues. Since you can't stop the operation of a football team for any (prolonged) period, a sale price would be negotiated based on certain assets. This is what you buy. Then any other (significant) factors are adjusted for at the time of the actual sale. Much like School &/or Property taxes or possibly like fuel in a tank when you sell a home.

For instance, if they were to sign a player w/ a huge signing bonus, presumably the amt of the signing bonus that would be prorated fwd would therefore be an additional asset that would need to adjusted for. Likewise, something like a trade for Brady where his future salary doesn't reflect the true cost of his "use" would require an adjustment, ie it would raise the sale price.

I would imagine that woulds be one of the "exhange" issues. Since you can't stop the operation of a football team for any (prolonged) period, a sale price would be negotiated based on certain assets. This is what you buy. Then any other (significant) factors are adjusted for at the time of the actual sale. Much like School &/or Property taxes or possibly like fuel in a tank when you sell a home.

For instance, if they were to sign a player w/ a huge signing bonus, presumably the amt of the signing bonus that would be prorated fwd would therefore be an additional asset that would need to adjusted for. Likewise, something like a trade for Brady where his future salary doesn't reflect the true cost of his "use" would require an adjustment, ie it would raise the sale price.

Thank you....so there could be soup ?

So using your analogy a busiess wouldn't be able to issue stock dividends at the end of a quarter, or end of year bonuses would not be allowed, no hiring, firing, raises anything while the sale is going on. Those things typically don't stop other than in cases of real small busineses. In principle what you're saying I'm sure is true, for example if the state decided tomorrow they wanted to sell RWS, buying that certainly would changed the value of the asset by a large amount. But even trading for Tom Brady would change the valsue of the asset by very little in the grand scheme of things

I don't claim to be an expert here but some food for thought.

During the sale period, the present party or trust in charge of the sale can't do anything that would disrupt or change the value of the franchise.

So, what does this mean???

Well, Buffalo can not trade for Tom Brady and add this 124 million dollar contract to the cap or raise the value of the team during the sale period.

I learned this from the sale of the Clippers, assets and financial flexibility were frozen

So how does this effect the 2014 Buffalo Bills ? You may see very little movement during the sale period THEN a posible BIG move after the sale.

So, it appears we are locked in for now

Basically, NO SOUP FOR YOU! :nana:

--

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

So using your analogy a busiess wouldn't be able to issue stock dividends at the end of a quarter, or end of year bonuses would not be allowed, no hiring, firing, raises anything while the sale is going on. Those things typically don't stop other than in cases of real small busineses. In principle what you're saying I'm sure is true, for example if the state decided tomorrow they wanted to sell RWS, buying that certainly would changed the value of the asset by a large amount. But even trading for Tom Brady would change the valsue of the asset by very little in the grand scheme of things

If I was a buyer, I am exploring every part of the finances including coaches,players, etc. I also would like to believe that what I am buying will remain the same.

Example, If I bid on a house, I don't want the carpet removed 3 weeks before I close. This is why they freeze the assets to protect the buyer

Edited by HOUSE

Agreed. But I don't think the Bills could sell RWS as they do not own it.

If I was a buyer, I am exploring every part of the finances including coaches,players, etc. I also would like to believe that what I am buying will remain the same.

Example, If I bid on a house, I don't want the carpet removed 3 weeks before I close. This is why they freeze the assets to protect the buyer

First of all, they can operate as they like as the team is not yet sold, It is for sale, but can be pulled from the market at any time.

Once it is sold, I believe they can still make transactions considered in the normal course of business. Trades and such would qualify, i believe, as business as usual, unless some case could be made for them acting in bad faith. If John Y Brown had ravaged the Buffalo Braves while the sale was pending, and without the approval of the buyer, I could see where that would be questioned.

It would be different if they were to acquire, or sell, property. For instance if the Bills owned the practice facility (do they?) they couldn't sell it or conduct any major cosmetic repairs. But I imagine they could replace a broken window, for example.

The good thing here is, the team is likely to be sold to a "friendly" party and I imagine major decisions would be run by him/her and be easily conducted.

Just my opinion, of course.

First of all, they can operate as they like as the team is not yet sold, It is for sale, but can be pulled from the market at any time.

Once it is sold, I believe they can still make transactions considered in the normal course of business. Trades and such would qualify, i believe, as business as usual, unless some case could be made for them acting in bad faith. If John Y Brown had ravaged the Buffalo Braves while the sale was pending, and without the approval of the buyer, I could see where that would be questioned.

It would be different if they were to acquire, or sell, property. For instance if the Bills owned the practice facility (do they?) they couldn't sell it or conduct any major cosmetic repairs. But I imagine they could replace a broken window, for example.

The good thing here is, the team is likely to be sold to a "friendly" party and I imagine major decisions would be run by him/her and be easily conducted.

We should also point out that there could be a fire sale and we could be watching Brian Brohm throw passed to Roscoe Parrish next year.

Edited by HOUSE

Bob Dobbs ? you cant see the whole avatar without heading to your profile. I suggest folks check it out.

pretty good stuff !!

Bob Dobbs ? you cant see the whole avatar without heading to your profile. I suggest folks check it out.

pretty good stuff !!

I know and it stinks! I'm going to have to figure something out.