[please fix subject]Well it settled EJ is A bust coach SAL says so

hullhawk

Was listening to GR on the irde home yesterday and "COACH" Sal stated emphatically and categorially that EJ was NEVER going to be any better that a LOW 60% completion percentage QB. It's over.

Lets bring in TEBOW! :doh:

Edited by hullhawk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Coach Sal? Carpaccio? If so it is surprising that he would call him a bust, he has always been pretty balanced on his assessment.

I feel like he said he's likely always going to throw in the low 60s and op took that to mean bust.

I think it was 99.9% the way some people like to think of him

That's kind of true. But one of the reason's Kelly is remembered so well (and is a HoF'er) is that he was not afraid to let it fly. He had his share of bad INT's too, but he was a gamer. The completion percentage stat is way overrated in my opinion. Not nearly as important as # of touchdowns, yards per attempt and W/L record.

I listened to them yesterday. WHO CARES WHO EJ THROWS THE BALL TO????? if we move the ball whats the point. pissed me off so much, so OK, if EJ threw into covered wr's and his completion % was 30% they would have been bitching about his decision making/ reading the D. Now he throws to the open guy, TE, RB and gets a 7 yard gain, they complain he is not throwing down field.

What is the only stat that counts at the end of the day? not qb% or yards

I like Coach Sal. One of the few listenable guys on WGR. But did he say he would be a bust because of this?

Completion % is the most overrated stat ever. Trent Edwards had a 65% his 2nd year. I want EJ to take what the defense gives him but he needs to mix in the deep shots. If EJ only completes 50% one game but half of them are 20 + in yardage, I'll take it.