Fans of "New" Country Music

truth on hold

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice find, Birddog....as much as I like OCMS, I have heard from a number of people that this tour has been a bit of a disappointment, they say OCMS has become too polished and lost a lot of the grittiness that endeared them to so many...hopefully they haven't fallen prey to the over production of the nashville country music scene....

convoluted yes, but pretty cool: http://www.npr.org/p...27199182&live=1

This is possibly the gayest song written by anyone ever. It'll probably be a hit with the new country crowd.

Yeah by Joe Nichols Lyric Video: http://youtu.be/2mJ11SqBQZ8

great song, thats exactly the kind of stuff Im looking for!

so far I have 7:

Wagon Wheel (Rucker)

America Will Always Stand (Travis)

Yeah (Nicols)

Hey Pretty Girl (Moore)

I Hold On (Bentley)

Portland Oregon (Loretta Lynn)

Hit it Hard (Daly)

Would like to get it up to at least 15

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Pontoon (Little Big Town)

Bartender, Just a Kiss (Lady Antebellum)

Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean)

The Only Way I Know (Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Luke Bryan)

Cruise & This is How We Roll (Florida Georgia Line/Nelly)

Drunk on a Plane (Dierks Bentley)

American Kids (Kenny Chesney)

great song, thats exactly the kind of stuff Im looking for!

so far I have 7:

Wagon Wheel (Rucker)

America Will Always Stand (Travis)

Yeah (Nicols)

Hey Pretty Girl (Moore)

I Hold On (Bentley)

Portland Oregon (Loretta Lynn)

Hit it Hard (Daly)

Would like to get it up to at least 15

You like that song? If that's what you're looking for you'll love this one. It's another song about a guy who isn't get any kitty, doesn't have much chance of getting any, but stumbles across a girl who is inexplicably attracted to his dead fish, yes man, eunuch routine.

Luke Bryan - Play It Again:

Pontoon (Little Big Town)

Bartender, Just a Kiss (Lady Antebellum)

Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean)

The Only Way I Know (Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Luke Bryan)

Cruise & This is How We Roll (Florida Georgia Line/Nelly)

Drunk on a Plane (Dierks Bentley)

American Kids (Kenny Chesney)

thanks Ill take "American Kids" from that list.

side note: Dirt Road Anthem and the tune w/ Nelly makes me think there's some cross over now w/ rap and country. who knew!

You like that song? If that's what you're looking for you'll love this one. It's another song about a guy who isn't get any kitty, doesn't have much chance of getting any, but stumbles across a girl who is inexplicably attracted to his dead fish, yes man, eunuch routine.

Luke Bryan - Play It Again: http://youtu.be/ALV-QtDFpSw

added

"tyring to pour a little sugar in her dixie cup" lol ... some more rap and country influence, except rappers sing about how they are getting it so much they are turning some away

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks, but part of the reason I'm on the worley kick is that I'm burning a CD for a place I hang out at, and the crowd won't tolerate old traditional country. Need the new stuff like worley with more potential for popular appeal

You're making a mix tape for a gay bar?

Is George strait considered like the king of modern country, and is he deserving ? Seems like hes held in quite high esteem

Strait is the walks the line, perfectly, between traditional and more commercial contemporary country. I think when the dust settles, 30 years from now, he will be one of the handful of acts from this time period that will be remembered as "real country." He does the sappy ballad here and there, but his career has just been amazingly consistent. Songs like "All My Exes Live in Texas", "Amarillo By Morning" and "Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbyes" are just country classics that belong right there with the best of Merle Haggard, Cash, the rest...