GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

On 1/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Willyville Guy said:

Surprised to see JBook call out coach Mick the other day. It did seem like the defense was playing in quicksand at times this year, but I assumed it was scheme and not conditioning. Could there possibly be anything to this?

I agree on this year — but I wouldn’t get rid of mick just yet. Too large of a sample size otherwise. I do think he should be held accountable to improve 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree on this year — but I wouldn’t get rid of mick just yet. Too large of a sample size otherwise. I do think he should be held accountable to improve 

Agree, just kind of wild that it’s even a discussion. Goes to show that nobody is untouchable at Ohio State. 

Meanwhile,

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Just saw a question on Twitter asking what was the most emotional win for OSU in the past 10 years.  I can't name just one.

2014 Wisky

2014 Bama

2016 TUN

2017 PSU

2017 TUN

2018 TUN

2020 Clemson

No clue how to narrow that down.

Most emotional - 2016 TUN

Most fun - 2018 TUN

Most satisfying - 2020 Clemson

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

CJ appears to be deeply impacted by Haskins's tragic death. I hope he continues to honor 7 by absolutely balling out all season and beyond.

It still doesn’t seem real. 💔

Edited by YoloinOhio

Banks had an injured hip last year and fell short of sky high expectations. He ended up relegated to a backup role and would have to really fight for playing time this season.  LSU on the other hand lost their four top DBs from last year, giving Banks a better chance to start immediately. I wish him well and would not be surprised at all to see him thrive this season.

Meanwhile, this is the first time I'm seeing a major coaching change on OSU's staff during the open transfer portal era, and it's fascinating to see guys who don't fit in with the new schemes or personalities get to just pick up and go play somewhere else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...