GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Guys, what is the story with the Big 10 this season? Other than of course Ohio State, are any of these teams good?

And before you think I'm talking smack, let me openly say that the SEC is playing far below usual standards. Even Alabama is not that strong at the nose for the fist time in 10 or so seasons, and Waddle (the best non qb in the country) is injured and out. Sadly, I am not overly impressed with their pass rush either but it might be coming around. When Bama wins, their OL has a lot to do with it and the Bills just might be able to draft one of these great players.

Anyway, from what little I see of the Big 10 it is hard for me to tell what is happening there. Any insight would be appreciated.

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Guys, what is the story with the Big 10 this season? Other than of course Ohio State, are any of these teams good?

And before you think I'm talking smack, let me openly say that the SEC is playing far below usual standards. Even Alabama is not that strong at the nose for the fist time in 10 or so seasons, and Waddle (the best non qb in the country) is injured and out. Sadly, I am not overly impressed with their pass rush either but it might be coming around. When Bama wins, their OL has a lot to do with it and the Bills just might be able to draft one of these great players.

Anyway, from what little I see of the Big 10 it is hard for me to tell what is happening there. Any insight would be appreciated.

Wisconsin looked to have some juice, but they barely played due to Covid and then got the northwestern smack down, which they will take just about any explosive offense and then somehow grind them into a 16-13 game or something. I think IU is good because of their QB. Theyve been impressive to me all year. Northwestern is “good” enough to win the big 10  west, but don’t think will win the conference. The rest are up and down, Iowa starting to get momentum after a slow start. It’s a very very weird year with penn state and Michigan down like they are. Ohio State has a long way to go if they want to win in the playoffs and not a lot of time to get there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Thanks Yolo. 

>>>>> Ohio State has a long way to go if they want to win in the playoffs and not a lot of time to get there.<<<<< 

I feel the same way about Alabama. Bryce Young finally got a decent amount of playing time and threw his first TD pass. This was HUGE imo. The thing is, the problems that I mentioned about the defense are real. Remember, they have 4 out of 5 new starters in the secondary,  5 out of 6 in the dime. Admittedly some are very good; Malachai Moore in particular has the potential to be sensational. Still, another injury or 2, let alone some illnesses could cripple us.

I hope that both of our teams make the playoffs. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sigh.

I hope everyone is okay and selfishly I’d love to see the Bucks play this weekend. From a football standpoint, isn’t it the league rule that anyone who tests positive has to quarantine for 21 days? For new cases that would mean sitting out The Game and maybe the B1G championship. 

55 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I hope everyone is okay and selfishly I’d love to see the Bucks play this weekend. From a football standpoint, isn’t it the league rule that anyone who tests positive has to quarantine for 21 days? For new cases that would mean sitting out The Game and maybe the B1G championship. 

Yes. No names yet. The 8 from yesterday could play in the conf championship based on timing but any from Sunday on could not 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Now they are saying Tuf Borland is one of them. He’s actually been playing really well, so that sucks. Having the starting MLB out for 21 days is never good.  Dallas Gant is his backup.

We will know at 10am tomorrow when the availability comes out 

Edited by YoloinOhio

@YoloinOhio I know you are an OSU fan and have been following them for a long time. The one player who has most impressed me and has captivated me is Terry McLaurin. He was a third round pick who is now not only the best receiver on Washington but also one of the best players and leader on the team. The attached link demonstrates how he is a full effort player who never quits on any play. 

Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith vs. Dallas Cowboys defensive end Aldon Smith and llinebacker Jaylon Smith: Aldon pressures Alex into Jaylon's INT (nfl.com)

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JohnC said:

@YoloinOhio I know you are an OSU fan and have been following them for a long time. The one player who has most impressed me and has captivated me is Terry McLaurin. He was a third round pick who is now not only the best receiver on Washington but also one of the best players and leader on the team. The attached link demonstrates how he is a full effort player who never quits on any play. 

Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith vs. Dallas Cowboys defensive end Aldon Smith and llinebacker Jaylon Smith: Aldon pressures Alex into Jaylon's INT (nfl.com)

Hes a great all around person and football player. He made that play because of his extensive experience as a stud ST player in college. He was nails. He was never more than the #3 WR at Ohio state and not a huge recruit so to see him do what he has in the nfl is unexpected - but looking back at his combine performance, he was really fast in the 40 (i think it was in the 4.3s) and that did make me think his potential way higher than it had been thought of at that point. I think most people thought before the senior bowl that he might be a late rounder who could carve out a nice career as a fringe WR/core ST player. He had such a good Senior bowl his draft stock jumped to the 3rd. So happy for him.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hes a great all around person and football player. He made that play because of his extensive experience as a stud ST player in college. He was nails. He was never more than the #3 WR at Ohio state and not a huge recruit so to see him do what he has in the nfl is unexpected - but looking back at his combine performance, he was really fast in the 40 (i think it was in the 4.3s) and that did make me think his potential way higher than it had been thought of at that point. I think most people thought before the senior bowl that he might be a late rounder who could carve out a nice career as a fringe WR/core ST player. He had such a good Senior bowl his draft stock jumped to the 3rd. So happy for him.

McLaurin is a product of Urban Meyer’s philosophy on WRs while at Ohio State.  First you have to be an absolute animal on ST, then you have to be a great (not a good) edge blocker on offense. If you do those things at a high level, and you have no other issues, then and only then will you be rewarded with a pass play called for your number.  Urban had a lot of love for several players who weren’t necessarily his playmakers because they did everything he ever asked. Terry McLaurin is one of those players. Michael Thomas is another one who you’d think had better receiving numbers in college numbers than he put up.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Now they are saying Tuf Borland is one of them. He’s actually been playing really well, so that sucks. Having the starting MLB out for 21 days is never good.  Dallas Gant is his backup.

We will know at 10am tomorrow when the availability comes out 

LB depth chart:

Tuf Borland

Dallas Gant

Tommy Eichenberg

That's looking thin. Hilliard slides over the backup Browning.

Edited by Willyville Guy

9 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

This is fine. 

I’m looking everywhere and don’t see anything about whether it’s bad or if he has symptoms. Gene said he’s doing well physically but that’s about it. Any idea if he’s okay??

Haven’t seen anything about symptoms yet. Praying he’s ok first of all, secondly that he can be back for The Game. After all the precautions he’s taken,  not even living at home in order to bubble himself at the facility. What a year...

Edited by YoloinOhio