GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Another glorious day in the rivalry!

Both offenses looked good in the first half and went blow for blow... except for a Michigan turnover and inexcusable penalty that put them in a hole. Turned out a lot like last year when Ohio State was just too good and Michigan kept shooting themselves in the foot. 

Dobbins is an absolute dog. Can’t wait to see what he does next. His 30+ carry game today reminded me of Beanie Wells’s historic Michigan game when Tress refused to call a single pass play in the second half (lol Todd Boeckman). 

Fields was insane coming back from an MCL to throw a 30 yard strike to Wilson. His health is obviously critical. Please be okay. 

Going into the game I was scared of Michigan’s huge receivers. I figured Okudah and Nico Collins would cancel each other out, but I thought Peoples-Jones presented a huge problem on the other side. Turns out that kid had a nightmare day with drops, and Arnette did a great job covering him. That matchup made a huge difference. 

Browning needs to stay healthy and get the majority of snaps. I love Borland but the D operates at a different level with Browning in there. 

Riep played well in Wade’s stead and his INT was a well-deserved closer. But Wade really needs to play if there’s going to be a deep playoff run this year. 

Just as Olave’s coming out party was last year’s Michigan game, to nobody’s surprise Garret Wilson has his party today. The WR room is stacked and only getting better. Senior Austin Mack had a weak season and I’m not sure if he’ll be on an NFL roster next year,  but I’ll always remember and appreciate his contributions during the Michigan games. Incredible. 

Eight in a row. I must be dreaming. Go Bucks. 

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Rumor on the ozone (from a guy who has significant inside info) - Hafley to HC at BC and taking Al Washington as DC.  Will be announced in a few days. Expecting them to coach through the playoff but signing day is close. 

Hate to lose these guys so soon 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rumor on the ozone (from a guy who has significant inside info) - Hafley to HC at BC and taking Al Washington as DC.  Will be announced in a few days. Expecting them to coach through the playoff but signing day is close. 

Hate to lose these guys so soon 

That’s a tough loss, but if Fickell goes to MSU (which he should) that would open the door to Marcus Freeman coming back which would help. 

Why do we have to go through this every year while Clemson keeps that whole staff in place?

11 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

That’s a tough loss, but if Fickell goes to MSU (which he should) that would open the door to Marcus Freeman coming back which would help. 

Why do we have to go through this every year while Clemson keeps that whole staff in place?

I was literally just saying this. I guess they are lucky that Venables never wants to go anywhere. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I like to keep track of the teams that are due for beatdowns for beating the Buckeyes over the years, and Clemson is at the top of that list.  Between getting Woody fired way back when, two big bowl losses with Urban, and their guys shoving their hands up our guys’ privates during the shutout game (wtf)... there’s no team OSU needs to beat more than that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I like to keep track of the teams that are due for beatdowns for beating the Buckeyes over the years, and Clemson is at the top of that list.  Between getting Woody fired way back when, two big bowl losses with Urban, and their guys shoving their hands up our guys’ privates during the shutout game (wtf)... there’s no team OSU needs to beat more than that one. 

OSU will be highly motivated for the game for many reasons. I actually prefer being the non- 1 seed. Let everyone hype up LSU and Clemson for 3 weeks instead. Buckeyes with an underdog mentality are highly dangerous. It’s when they are a huge favorite things sometimes get dicey.  And what happened 3 years ago is a great talking point too. Totally different players and coaches (except LJ) but building that payback narrative will be helpful. The 2016 team was talented, but lacked things like a QB who could throw the ball. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Getting Woody fired is Clemson’s fault.....

wow.... like.....