GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Bucks in position to have #1 recruiting class. Huge commitment today from NJ CB Jordan Fuller ranked 41st overall in this class. Over UM, ND, PSU. Currently 21 pts behind LSU for #1.

Edit: finished anywhere from 4 to 1 depending on the recruiting site.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spring game observations:

I absolutely love this young Buckeye team. They probably won't make the playoff this year (next year is in the cards for sure though) but they will definitely be fun to watch. Lots of hunger out there, so many guys who have been waiting to get on the field and prove themselves. So many young playmakers like Weber, Gibson, Dixon, Baugh, McLaurin, etc.

Also, Schiano has made his mark. The defense isn't going to miss a beat IMO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Spring game observations:

I absolutely love this young Buckeye team. They probably won't make the playoff this year (next year is in the cards for sure though) but they will definitely be fun to watch. Lots of hunger out there, so many guys who have been waiting to get on the field and prove themselves. So many young playmakers like Weber, Gibson, Dixon, Baugh, McLaurin, etc.

Also, Schiano has made his mark. The defense isn't going to miss a beat IMO.

Fun day on BTN yesterday. Definitely a lot of exciting talent on display. Has Weber always looked so jacked, or has Coach Marotti been working magic in the weight room again? Glad to see Burrow playing with confidence. The Bucks will probably need him to step up at some point this year given the way Urban runs his QBs into the ground.

I agree the defense looked pretty aggressive, but I couldn't tell if that was because of the incomplete o-lines. Either way, I look forward to watching all these kids - even though I could see them dropping several games this fall.

Fun day on BTN yesterday. Definitely a lot of exciting talent on display. Has Weber always looked so jacked, or has Coach Marotti been working magic in the weight room again? Glad to see Burrow playing with confidence. The Bucks will probably need him to step up at some point this year given the way Urban runs his QBs into the ground.

I agree the defense looked pretty aggressive, but I couldn't tell if that was because of the incomplete o-lines. Either way, I look forward to watching all these kids - even though I could see them dropping several games this fall.

the OL is definitely the weak spot at this point. Going to take some time to gel. I'm glad they hired Studrawa to coach the OL and let warriner focus on OC. I think it hurt the offense last year with him doing double duty. OL might start a true freshman (Michael Jordan) which is nerve wracking. But I think Weber is the real deal. He runs angry! i think he and Barrett will do well with the read option, but he likely won't be the blocker that Zeke was out of the gate. Our WRs are raw but very exciting. I do think it all come down to the OL and the young, inexperienced secondary.

Burrow is very intriguing...

Edited by YoloinOhio

the OL is definitely the weak spot at this point. Going to take some time to gel. I'm glad they hired Studrawa to coach the OL and let warriner focus on OC. I think it hurt the offense last year with him doing double duty. OL might start a true freshman (Michael Jordan) which is nerve wracking. But I think Weber is the real deal. He runs angry! i think he and Barrett will do well with the read option, but he likely won't be the blocker that Zeke was out of the gate. Our WRs are raw but very exciting. I do think it all come down to the OL and the young, inexperienced secondary.

Burrow is very intriguing...

Not relevant to the spring game, but the bolded comment above is an important part of the Cardale Jones draft analysis that lots of people don't seem to understand.

Well you're a better man than me for making the effort!

if the Bills actually do end up drafting him, I'll make more of an effort. Right now I think a lot of people who didn't follow OSU don't care to learn anything about him or his situation because it doesn't matter and it's easier to stereotype or follow pre-conceived notions. Once it matters (if he's a Bill), that will probably change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in finding out the details of the violation, and bummed that Dunn never really found is footing within the program. This is a timely reminder that sometimes (oftentimes) highly touted high school recruits with lots of stars next to their names don't pan out.

I'm interested in finding out the details of the violation, and bummed that Dunn never really found is footing within the program. This is a timely reminder that sometimes (oftentimes) highly touted high school recruits with lots of stars next to their names don't pan out.

"altercation with female"

His girlfriend filed a protective order against him earlier in the day yesterday ... No charges, but I'm sure Urban knows what happened and pulled the trigger

They needed to get under scholarship limit anyway. He was a guy who had a ton of potential and just never panned out. Rod Smith part II.

My favorite Brionte Dunn OSU memory is when cops found a pot pipe in his car but his mom took the fall.

oh my... this is exactly what Chris Carter was talking about. You've got to have people in your crew ready to bite the bullet for you. If that somebody happens to be mom, so be it.

Edited by Ohiostyle