GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

That was insane. Hugely entertaining.

Barrett. I don't know what to say. The passing game was completely off the rails. He looked liked a RB playing QB. He wasn't throwing with any confidence, and he didn't look like he was having any fun. I was wondering if it was even fixable. But he made a few clutch throws down the stretch, and he helped the team pull out a win... again.

Walk-off sack in OT!

That was insane. Hugely entertaining.

Barrett. I don't know what to say. The passing game was completely off the rails. He looked liked a RB playing QB. He wasn't throwing with any confidence, and he didn't look like he was having any fun. I was wondering if it was even fixable. But he made a few clutch throws down the stretch, and he helped the team pull out a win... again.

Walk-off sack in OT!

passing game has been bad but that was a really, really good D and there were at least 4-5 drops or balls that went right through WR hands. There were a few good and great catches too but the youth at the WR position showed up last night. Terry mclaurin had a TD go through his hands.

The refs were brutal! So many no calls for holding on Wisconsin. And that last INT by Conley should have been a catch. Watched a couple different angles on it. No conclusive evidence to overturn.

I was very impressed by mike Weber who continues to get the tough yards. They need to give him the ball more and less speed option with Samuel which didn't work all night.

Our DL is exceptional. Hubbard is a beast. And it is so eerie to see Bosa 97 out there making plays. He's been phenomenal for a true freshman.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Normally I wouldn't worry about State Penn and stupid James Franklin, but two things have me nervous - Saquon Barkley and the fact that we have to go on the road two straight night games while they are coming off a bye and at home (like Wisky was). Not a fan of that scheduling. Who should I be mad at? Gene Smith or Jim Delaney? :devil:

Edited by YoloinOhio

This year's road schedule is unusually brutal, and the home schedule is unusually weak for the fans at the Shoe -- although Nebraska on Nov. 5 is shaping up to be a beauty. We've seen some pretty soft schedules over the years though, so I guess we were due. I still choose to be mad at Gene Smith.

As for PSU, I'm also sort of concerned that the run defense -- in combination with Barkey and the environment -- could cause this to be another nail biter in Happy Valley.

This year's road schedule is unusually brutal, and the home schedule is unusually weak for the fans at the Shoe -- although Nebraska on Nov. 5 is shaping up to be a beauty. We've seen some pretty soft schedules over the years though, so I guess we were due. I still choose to be mad at Gene Smith.

As for PSU, I'm also sort of concerned that the run defense -- in combination with Barkey and the environment -- could cause this to be another nail biter in Happy Valley.

i haven't really recovered from last Saturday night. Not sure my heart can take it. My dog was terrified.

Painful loss in Happy Valley, but sometimes teams need to lose in order to come together.

The Buckeye press is saying that the team can still go to the playoff if it wins out, and that's probably true given the strength of the B1G this year, but I'm sitting here wondering what is the gameplan for Northwestern next week. The offense is painfully predictable, and the coaches are inexplicably not getting ball to Samuel enough even though it has been weeks since Urban said that would change. I'd like to think it's an easy fix: just feed #4. But now the OL and ST are struggling badly so I'm not sure where all this talk of winning out is coming from. Tough games ahead for this team. Can't wait to see how the young Bucks respond.

Those friggin' whiteouts, man.

That game - I have no words :angry:

What a ****ty football weekend overall

Vegas still has OSU as the favorite to go to the playoff from the big 10, which I can see. That of course depends on whether we will ever play a game again that is not in sideways rain and wind. Unreal. They have problems with that offense and not saying the weather causes all of them,but it makes them harder to overcome.

That said I didn't expect this team to go undefeated and actually thought they'd have 2-3 losses with all the freshmen. I think the Oklahoma win really changed our expectations. They have always been a year away, they just looked so much better than we thought at the beginning. Then you get bad weather, consecutive night road games facing teams coming off a bye and it's not surprising they lost one.

Oh and Michigan still sucks until they play and beat a good team on the road in a tough atmosphere. What a marshmallow schedule they have. Also Harbaugh couldn't be more of a tool. He now has decided to wear black-rimmed glasses full-time in honor of Woody Hayes :sick:, Malcolm X, and Michael Douglas. Gtfo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I had knots in my stomach for 3 hours and found the northwestern game to be an excruciating experience. I need to look up that Austin Carr kid and see if he's draft eligible. Seems like an Eric Decker type. Anyway, need to remember that we returned 6 starters total. 42 freshmen. Knew we were a year away. Just can't stand the offense. Throw it downfield!! How do you have all these 4 and 5 star WRs and have not developed one deep threat since Devin Smith?

After a challenging month of October for the young Bucks, a primetime night game at home was just what they needed to get back on track. Holy beatdown -- 62-3! Love it. As Hubbard said of his team's mindset after the game, "let's rideee."

They wanted to get Samuel the ball more, and they did in a big way. So much so that I was wondering if it was too much Samuel (is there such a thing?)!

Barrett's passing still seems off. He throws as hard as he can no matter how far the pass - no touch. My hands were hurting just watching some of those 5 yard passes. He missed Campbell and Weber on wide open TD plays. You can tell he's working on it; there were many plays last night where JT could have taken off and run for a big gain, but he seemed committed to staying in the pocket, working through his progressions, and trying to get sharper back there. And really, how can you criticize the guy responsible for 4TDs last night and more than anyone else in the history of Ohio State football? I love the kid and think he can get back to running this offense the way we know he can.

One of the best parts about a big point differential is the chance to see the even younger Bucks get PT. Victor finally got in there and almost pulled in a TD -- I hope we see more of him because a 6'4'' target can only help JT. KJ Hill looked good out there too. And I thoroughly enjoyed watching Burrow and McCall in the backfield. We said earlier in the season that McCall looks like a special talent, and they already burned his redshirt, so I hope to see him on the field more -- at least against Maryland and MSU. Apparently Urban said that McCall may get some time at PR instead of Dontre Wilson (who fumbled another punt last night), so it looks like this is in the works.

Feeling good after a much needed big and emphatic win. Go Bucks!

First of all, it was refreshing to finally not have that sick feeling the whole game because it's so close. We needed this!! Felt terrible for Tommy Armstrong, Jr and feared the worst. So great that he's ok and ran back in to be with the team. Scary moment!

Out of all the big offensive plays my favorite was what ended up bejng about a 2yard run for Weber. But it was the one early in the game where he should have been tackled in the backfield for a loss but carried the defender and plowed toward the 1st down. Love that kid. That was a Mickey Marrotti first down!

JT was all over the place on some of the those throws - wide open guys for TDs and not even close. That's concerning. But the deep ball TD to Samuel to open the 2nd half - if they can establish that it opens up the offense in a huge way. Agree on Victor - get him out there. And McCall is the new PR according to Meyer (finally). Did you hear even Herbie was questioning why they were still using Dontre back there? It's about time to end that experiment.

The two OSU players who look to me to be on a different level than everyone else are Curtis Samuel and Malik Hooker. Athleticism, talent, freakish skill.

I like that they are getting the TE involved more in the passing game with both Baugh and Alexander. Tough matchups all around for defenses. Bring on the turtles!

The Armstrong situation was traumatic. Seeing his father out there holding his hand was absolutely heartbreaking, and later seeing him run out and actively engage with his team on the sideline was a huge relief. Have you seen any updates today? I had assumed he was okay based on how he looked when he came back, but you never know with head injuries. Nebraska was great about getting updates out last night, and it would be good to see at least one follow up.

Couldn't agree more about the TEs, and it's about time. Been waiting for a TE to really become part of the offense ever since Rickey Dudley left!

Edited by Willyville Guy

Another week, another 62-3 blowout. Hopefully they can keep it rolling. For the second year in a row the Bucks will end the regular season with the upcoming Sparty/TSUN gauntlet, but this year -- thanks to TSUN losing at Iowa last night -- there is some doubt around whether they would go to the playoff even if they win out. A lot can be said about the various potential scenarios that could unfold, but for now it should suffice to say that the only thing we know is that we don't know what will happen or what the playoff committee might decide.

More importantly, there are absolutely huge games yet to be played. MSU looked lost earlier this season but they appear to be refocused just in time for the Bucks (ugh). I expect Dantonio will have his team ready to play for pride and try to salvage part of their season. Meyer's team will unquestionably be focused on getting revenge for last year. I hope a video of Sparty's kicker running around the field at OSU last year doing the guitar windmill celebration (?) is playing on a constant loop at the Woody all week.

Edited by Willyville Guy

Two different schools of thought on whether an OSU team that wins out will get into playoff now that scUM went and laid an egg. Nice job Harbaugh - more concerned about covering up iowas pink locker rooms than about beating that crap team. Also shows what happens when scUM finally plays a non-corpse on the road. Battle-tested, they were not.

If PSU and OSU win out PSU goes to B1G title game. But, OSU will have the best resume in the country besides Bama. Would the committee allow a non conference champ for the first time? I think so given the circumstances, which are Apples and oranges to what they had with TCU and Baylor 2 years ago. They had beaten no one.

Everyone will be arguing all week about this but it only comes down to one thing. Just. Beat. Sparty. Then... THE GAME!!!