GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Amazing ... 42 freshmen. Completely unfazed at the big time road game on national tv. These Baby Bucks can ball!! Noah Brown would look good in a Bills uni. :)

Mike Weber... Not the breakaway ability of Zeke but more of a Carlos Hyde?

Silver bullets are back!! Best D in the country.

Still feel like they might get tripped up against one of the better big 10 opponents because they are so young but I did not expect that performance last night!

Edited by YoloinOhio

JT has that look of a proud father when he looks at his young playmakers :lol:

He is a perfect leader for this team.

In many ways they are better than last year because they play as a team. Last year I truly believe they won out of sheer talent differential but the heart wasn't there, it was at the NFL draft and there were too many individual agendas. When the heart needed to be there to grind out the win vs Sparty, MSU just wanted it more. Totally different culture now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

All I know is this.

On Friday night I watched a HS game televised nationally on espnu between bishop Gorman (las Vegas) and st Thomas aquinas (fort lauderdale). It was the buckeye commit bowl. It went 3 OT. The real winner was OSU.

The baby bucks are, dare I say, better than NFL bucks of 2015. And the future is blinding.

Urban is burning redshirts with McCall,Williams. Victor.

Why? Because he can.

TFW when 58-0 is considered having mercy on Chris Ash. Because urbs only threw one time in the 4th qtr.

Oh and Michigan sucks

Edited by YoloinOhio

Crazy to see Urban burning redshirts like that. Glad to see those kids get significant time but I'm sure some of them have mixed feelings about it.

I believe that if the Buckeyes had made it a team goal to rush for 1000 yards today, they could have made it happen.

Thanks for stopping by, Coach Ash!

Really not sure what to make of either of them at this point.

Indiana has grown into a relatively solid B1G team, but I expected them to take a big step backward this year with the QB Sudfeld gone. But apparently the defense has taken a big step forward and they still have that RB who ran for over 1000 yds last year, so I guess this is a ground-and-pound IU team now? I guess we'll see.

As for MSU, that does not seem like a program that takes a week off against a team they expect to beat, so I'm taking it at face value that this is a down year for them. I'm sure they'll be up for the Buckeyes though.

Edited by Willyville Guy

Turns out Indiana is pretty good and MSU is pretty bad.

Biggest takeaway for me is that they need to get Samuel the ball early and often -- for the sake of offensive rhythm and also to keep the number of Barrett's carries down. Looks like the coaches recognize this and will focus on it.

Urban mentioned after the game that IU ran the "bear," which I assume was a reference to the defense that Virginia Tech successfully ran at OSU in 2014. He strongly believes that the only way to beat the bear is through the deep ball, which just wasn't working yesterday (nor did it work in the first VT game). I expect to see a lot more of this as the season continues.

Speaking of bear, Nick Bosa had his best game as a Buckeye. He appears to be healing nicely and will become more involved in the defense going forward. That is very good news.

It's a rocky road through the B1G this year. Beat Wisconsin!

Really not sure what to make of either of them at this point.

Indiana has grown into a relatively solid B1G team, but I expected them to take a big step backward this year with the QB Sudfeld gone. But apparently the defense has taken a big step forward and they still have that RB who ran for over 1000 yds last year, so I guess this is a ground-and-pound IU team now? I guess we'll see.

As for MSU, that does not seem like a program that takes a week off against a team they expect to beat, so I'm taking it at face value that this is a down year for them. I'm sure they'll be up for the Buckeyes though.

You are correct on MSU. Wow, IU and BYU!

Indiana, despite their place in the standings year after year, scare me. They've been good enough on offense in recent years that I never feel easy about their game. Yesterday they seemed very afraid to put the ball in the air downfield. Ultimately a 3TD win, but that game was ugly.

Indiana played the Buckeyes very close last year too. JT didn't have a good day but the OL is clutch in the run game. They need to just give it to Samuel more. IU couldn't run the ball all day but didn't seem to know that. It was kind of funny. Anyway, on to Wisonsin and I'm scared. Might be low scoring.

Edited by YoloinOhio