The #2 Backup QB spot is up for grabs - who do you want?

Backup QB Competition  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope wins the backup QB spot?

• Thad Lewis
    • Jeff Tuel

Shoulda brought in somebody we could rely on to not ruin our season if he was forced into action.

Aaron Murray in the 5th round would have been nice.

Maybe Thad looks better with an improved O-line, but I don't think he's even average from what he's shown.

Shoulda added better depth with an injury prone starter....

And you know this to be the case with Murray because...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuel didnt look too bad in preseason last year, be interesting to see what he does this year. Tuel could? improve dramatically over year one, with Thad we know what we got.

I dont care who wins the job, but real happy that a competition is going on. If Tuel wins the job when the season is over dump Thad and bring in the next guy to compete.

Tuel didnt look too bad in preseason last year, be interesting to see what he does this year. Tuel could? improve dramatically over year one, with Thad we know what we got.

The only preseason game I got to watch last year was the Redskins game, and Tuel played nearly the entire game and was horrendous.

The only preseason game I got to watch last year was the Redskins game, and Tuel played nearly the entire game and was horrendous.

That's my recollection as well.

J. Tuel 10 17 63

5 first downs for the whole game. He came in in relief of Kolb who got his clock cleaned on the first drive, so Tuel Time played the rest of the game.

Shoulda brought in somebody we could rely on to not ruin our season if he was forced into action.

Aaron Murray in the 5th round would have been nice.

Maybe Thad looks better with an improved O-line, but I don't think he's even average from what he's shown.

Shoulda added better depth with an injury prone starter....

average as in 16th in the league no, but average backup as in about 50th best qb --- probably close

remember, this is a league where Fitz is a consistent starting option. i wouldve liked a flyer on a guy like murray, but....

Edited by NoSaint

average as in 16th in the league no, but average backup as in about 50th best qb --- probably close

remember, this is a league where Fitz is a consistent starting option. i wouldve liked a flyer on a guy like murray, but....

Shhhhh!!!! Not Fitz!!!!!

Both Thad and Jeff were thrown into games without the the benefit of a lot of experience. The same can said of EJ. My take is that we really don't have a real handle on what we have in any of our QBs. All of them are just coming to their first year in this system.

We all saw how much of a gamer Thad was and that is certainly a strength. Jeff was able to move the ball well before throwing a boneheaded 99yd interception(that really left a bad taste in our mouths), but that does not mean he sucks. He came back this year in noticeably better shape and he is doing well so far this year. Thad for now is 2nd string and Jeff is doing what he is supposed to do...pushing to move up the depth chart. Ain't nothing wrong with that. My biggest beef is why isn't Thad pushing EJ? Perhaps Thad doesn't want it bad enough. We'll have to see. I like a good competition.

Close your eyes and picture Mark Sanchez in a Bills jersey running out of the tunnel, NFL films style.

Sanchez is better than every single QB the Bills have trotted out since Bledsoe (and that goes for EJ until he proves otherwise).

Just my opinion.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

Both Thad and Jeff were thrown into games without the the benefit of a lot of experience. The same can said of EJ. My take is that we really don't have a real handle on what we have in any of our QBs. All of them are just coming to their first year in this system.

We all saw how much of a gamer Thad was and that is certainly a strength. Jeff was able to move the ball well before throwing a boneheaded 99yd interception(that really left a bad taste in our mouths), but that does not mean he sucks. He came back this year in noticeably better shape and he is doing well so far this year. Thad for now is 2nd string and Jeff is doing what he is supposed to do...pushing to move up the depth chart. Ain't nothing wrong with that. My biggest beef is why isn't Thad pushing EJ? Perhaps Thad doesn't want it bad enough. We'll have to see. I like a good competition.

thads not pushing EJ because EJ is a first round qb going into year 2 -- short of catastrophic failure, or another guy just running away with the job in his first year a first round qb is the relatively unquestioned year 2 starter.