What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I guess I don't understand why it matters. When multiple people get shot in a single event, that is a mass shooting, who cares about the motive or if someone is in a gang. 

you second statement appears to be opinion not fact

No, it's 100% fact. There are sites that keep up with type of "shooting" and who did it. FBI actually has a different standard of what is a "mass shooting" and they recognize around 60 per year. There were 61 in 2021 for example. They purposely don't include self-defense, gang violence, drug violence, residential or domestic disputes, hostage situations or "actions that don't put other people in peril". 

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2021-052422.pdf/view

https://mass-shootings.info

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the goal is to address the problem, you don't remove data unless its an outlier. 

IE, that issue could be addressed by using the laws on the books and aggressively going after the source.  but that might piss off a loyal demographic/area.

but that's how one would address the majority of the issue, if the issue is mass shootings/Gun Violence.

when we say school shooting, it almost at the outlier level if talking about total gun violence.

"They purposely don't include self-defense, gang violence, drug violence, residential or domestic disputes, hostage situations or "actions that don't put other people in peril."

depends on your definition of people and peril. 

Living in gang land is in peril.

living where one hears gun shots every night is peril?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

that sheriff sucks.

It is his job to prevent weapons from getting into the hands of those who shouldn't have them. To say they will get them anyway is something a private citizen could say but not something a sheriff should say as it basically admits he sucks at his job

A cop's job is to arrest after a crime has taken place.  its reactionary. if you want proactive, that's more of a security thing.

that's just reality.

Edited by Chris farley

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

If the goal is to address the problem, you don't remove data unless its an outlier. 

IE, that issue could be addressed by using the laws on the books and aggressively going after the source.  but that might piss off a loyal demographic/area.

but that's how one would address the majority of the issue, if the issue is mass shootings/Gun Violence.

when we say school shooting, it almost at the outlier level if talking about total gun violence.

"They purposely don't include self-defense, gang violence, drug violence, residential or domestic disputes, hostage situations or "actions that don't put other people in peril."

depends on your definition of people and peril. 

Living in gang land is in peril.

living where one hears gun shots every night is peril?

Not my definition... it's the FBI's. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

yes but underage kids with possession of a handgun is a crime 

Facts. but will point out that they are not being charged under the new police reform.   happening all over.

And even if they do charge, the sentencing guidelines are tied to income. and since No one was hurt, as long as the person has low money on the books, they have no bail and are released.

Im for making a point out of the ones caught in possession.

Like cleaning graffiti in pink jumpsuits as most young males hate to be emasculated.

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I was referring to the part about minorities 

absolutely a good post

How is showing and listing the person who carried about the "mass shooting" an opinion? Again, look over the list. Click the top link and bottom link I shared. In fact, the bottom list actually shows the mug shot of those who committed those shootings. You can see pretty quickly, what races are doing the shootings. 

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Coming after guns, in this country, is not a popular political decision despite the loudness of the gun control crowd.  

I’d agree that we can’t continue having mass shootings every week.  It’s out of control. 

You can also thank Dems response to covid and the past few years for me completely changing my tune on this issue.  

I don’t own a gun, I used to be for strict gun control measures.  Then I saw the power grab of the past few years.  I don’t trust your side - at all - to limit gun control to “sensible” measures. 

It's very popular to take away the guns from people that have committed a violent act or said they are going to do something violent 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not my definition... it's the FBI's. 

I just disagree. everyone on every side dividing the issue, prevents anything from happening.

if the goal is to reduce gun violence/mass shootings you don't toss out data.

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I was referring to the part about minorities 

absolutely a good post

Look through the mass shooting archive they have articles linking to the shootings. Ask yourself what groups of people generally shoot up small gatherings at parties, clubs, street corners etc?  Gangs.  What groups of people are likely to be in these gangs?  Minorities. It's just facts and not racist to point out facts. Solve that problem and you solve most mass shootings in the country.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Context needs to be added to what a "mass shooting" actually is. What the libs like to count as mass shootings aren't really mass shootings... they are GANG shootings. 

But again, good job adding to the debate... trying to figure out how to stop things like actual school shootings.

We do have a solution. 

• Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BREAKING: Another active shooter scenario is being played out in Louisville, but we won’t know if the bad guy is the shooter or THE GUN until we find out the race/gender/sexual preference of the perp.

No, it’s the guns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I just disagree. everyone on every side dividing the issue, prevents anything from happening.

if the goal is to reduce gun violence/mass shootings you don't toss out data.

Again, this is the FBI saying what I posted: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2021-052422.pdf/view

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

the fact this topic just ran to race kind of proves how it gets divided.

You're missing my point. The FBI's point with their studies. 

MOST mass shootings are drive by's, shooting at parties of opposing gangs, etc. NOT the every-day gun owner from middle America. The ones that these laws would actually effect. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why would I do that? 

and it doesn’t change the fact that his statement was opinion, he didn’t present facts. That’s all I was saying 

Amen. Just stupid and petty 

He showed you all the sites where you could see the shootings. He has done the research in the past so they are facts. It's your opinion that you think he's wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't say he is wrong. I said he was giving his opinion. Which is what he was

An impossible task. 

I usually am one to think *anything* is possible but this one, is truly impossible. Which is why when people cry about the 'gubmint takin our guns' I have to just laugh at those fools, theres no way they can do that

So the people on the left and PACS like Everytown want to ban future sales but grandfather the rest in? you ever see david Hogg on twitter?

Cause right now one of the biggest problems on the left is the actual voices that are saying moronic things like how to confiscate.   its similar to the ones that say from my cold dead hands.

letting the extreme voices dominate any discussion.  similar to the abortion topic.

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We do have a solution. 

aw, and your solution is???

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Actually, the parroted rhetoric kind of proves you don't.

As not one of you can explain how one would logistically remove them from poeples closets.

Buy back incentives for starters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So the people on the left and PACS like Everytown want to ban future sales but grandfather the rest in? you ever see david Hogg on twitter?

Cause right now one of the biggest problems on the left is the actual voices that are saying moronic things like how to confiscate.   its similar to the ones that say from my cold dead hands.

letting the extreme voices dominate any discussion.  similar to the abortion topic.

aw, and your solution is???

Your gun goes bye bye 

Maybe he will have the balls to do something about it now. 

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't say he is wrong. I said he was giving his opinion. Which is what he was

An impossible task. 

I usually am one to think *anything* is possible but this one, is truly impossible. Which is why when people cry about the 'gubmint takin our guns' I have to just laugh at those fools, theres no way they can do that

How does showing actual facts... an opinion? 

EXAMPLE:

Shooter: White

Shooter: Black

Shooter: White

How does me pointing out that those 6 shootings (above in the example) were carried out by minorities, an opinion? This information on who did it, both name and race, are provided by LEO.