Dunn Tire --- What a big disappointment (edit, it all worked out)

So, I ran into the same problem today...called them around 2pm and a box showed up on my doorstep around 3pm.

In the box were 2 Bills hats, 9 tickets and a letter that read...

"Sorry again for the inconvenience with Buffalo Bills tickets. I have included 8 tickets for you and your guests. I also threw in an extra ticket so your Father can be there with you in spirit. Enjoy camp and here's to a great season!"

The gesture left me speechless, I couldn't believe it...John Slaven at Dunn Tire in Buffalo made my day today!

(He asked how old I was and how long I've been a Bills fan, that is how he knew about my Father passing away.)

The strange part? I live out in Canandaigua, an hour-plus away from Buffalo and this specific Dunn Tire location.

Well , apparently the 10 point inspection was "optional" but they didn't tell my wife that . I received a notice from Dunn Tire management in Buffalo . My wife called the number and he said that the inspection was optional and apologized for the misunderstanding and said he would have tickets sent out to us . Pretty good Customer Service from a company ! The Aug 18 date is the only date possible that we could go as a handicapped cousin from Buffalo was looking forward to attending the practice . It all worked out .

All companies are gonna have these kinds of misunderstandings. The difference between good ones and bad ones are the ones that value each customer and are willing to rectify whatever it was that caused the customer dissatisfaction. Sounds like they did a good job here. They valued the relationship. Not so much because of the set of tires you weren't gonna get next time, but about EVERY set of tires after that set, too. Not to mention that one other person you could have convinced not to buy there either. Glad it worked out.

GO BILLS!!!

So, I ran into the same problem today...called them around 2pm and a box showed up on my doorstep around 3pm.

In the box were 2 Bills hats, 9 tickets and a letter that read...

"Sorry again for the inconvenience with Buffalo Bills tickets. I have included 8 tickets for you and your guests. I also threw in an extra ticket so your Father can be there with you in spirit. Enjoy camp and here's to a great season!"

The gesture left me speechless, I couldn't believe it...John Slaven at Dunn Tire in Buffalo made my day today!

(He asked how old I was and how long I've been a Bills fan, that is how he knew about my Father passing away.)

The strange part? I live out in Canandaigua, an hour-plus away from Buffalo and this specific Dunn Tire location.

From Dunn pissed off, the Dunn right!

That's the Dunn way!

Maybe you should edit your thread title now that they took care of you....

Well Dunn in Rochester has had a lot of long term loyal customers, I would guess that budgets created a turnover in employees and a lot of new recruits. They have suffered for that. i imagine its difficult to maintain a reputation over a long number of years.

but if the manager makes it right, faith can be renewed.

just like the NFL i, it is a business and margins need to be managed

SO I FEEL SINCE THIS IS THE TOPIC HERE I SHOULD TELL YOU ALL MY DUNN TIRE EXPERIENCE, FROM A SUBURB OF ROCHESTER WE WERE ON THE WAY TO THE BILLS VS DOLPHINS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, MY FRIEND AND I UNFORTUNATELY HAD A FLAT TIRE. LUCKILY WE HAD AAA AND THEY PICKED US UP AND WE TOLD THEM TO HEAD TOWARD THE STADIUM. THEY DROPPED US OFF AT THE DUNN TIRE IN CLEARANCE. WE WAITED OVER AN HOUR TO HAVE THEM LOOK AT THE TRUCK AND BY THE TIME THEY DID, OF COARSE THE TOW TRUCK HAD ALREADY LEFT. THEY HAD TOLD US THEY COULDN'T PUT A TIRE ON AND SEND US ON OUR WAY, BUT INSTEAD THE ONLY OPTION THEY SAID THEY COULD DO IS REPLACE ALL 4. SO INSTEAD OF TAKING CARE OF US BY PUTTING ON A TIRE THAT WOULD GET US TO AND FROM THE GAME, THEY SCREWED US AND SAID THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT REPLACE ALL 4, NOT TO MENTION MY FRIEND GOT 2 TIRES REPLACED A MONTH EARLIER. THEY TRULY ARE SCUM BAGS. WEREN'T THEY OR ARE THEY STILL A SPONSOR OF THE BILLS, IF THEY WERE OR STILL ARE I STRONGLY URGE THE BILLS TO END THAT RELATIONSHIP ASAP! ALSO, AFTER TELLING A FRIENDS RELATIVE MY STORY, HE SAID HE HAD WORKED AT DUNN TIRE FOR A WEEK AND THEY TRAINED HIM TO TELL CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE THINGS WRONG WITH THEIR CARS EVEN WHEN THEY DONT, ESPECIALLY OLDER PEOPLE.

-TAKE THIS AS YOU WISH, I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY BAD EXPERIENCE

LOUD NOISES

Fisher - anger mgmt issues. We're your friends.

Just kidding. I'm sure you didn't see the caps locked on the computer.

Have fun at camp guys. I'm flying upmwithnthe boys for the home opener again from FL. Can't wait to scream "Squish the Fish". Fr the 100,000 th time.

When we get closer, I'd love to see if any of us can catch up for tailgating that morning. It would be great to share an OV together.

Good thing you weren't trying to get tickets from a Proctologist!

From a time management standpoint- it's only a one point inspection and is over rather quickly!

Fisher - anger mgmt issues. We're your friends.

Just kidding. I'm sure you didn't see the caps locked on the computer.

Have fun at camp guys. I'm flying upmwithnthe boys for the home opener again from FL. Can't wait to scream "Squish the Fish". Fr the 100,000 th time.

When we get closer, I'd love to see if any of us can catch up for tailgating that morning. It would be great to share an OV together.

You certainly know where a vast majority of us will be that day!!!

SO I FEEL SINCE THIS IS THE TOPIC HERE I SHOULD TELL YOU ALL MY DUNN TIRE EXPERIENCE, FROM A SUBURB OF ROCHESTER WE WERE ON THE WAY TO THE BILLS VS DOLPHINS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, MY FRIEND AND I UNFORTUNATELY HAD A FLAT TIRE. LUCKILY WE HAD AAA AND THEY PICKED US UP AND WE TOLD THEM TO HEAD TOWARD THE STADIUM. THEY DROPPED US OFF AT THE DUNN TIRE IN CLEARANCE. WE WAITED OVER AN HOUR TO HAVE THEM LOOK AT THE TRUCK AND BY THE TIME THEY DID, OF COARSE THE TOW TRUCK HAD ALREADY LEFT. THEY HAD TOLD US THEY COULDN'T PUT A TIRE ON AND SEND US ON OUR WAY, BUT INSTEAD THE ONLY OPTION THEY SAID THEY COULD DO IS REPLACE ALL 4. SO INSTEAD OF TAKING CARE OF US BY PUTTING ON A TIRE THAT WOULD GET US TO AND FROM THE GAME, THEY SCREWED US AND SAID THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT REPLACE ALL 4, NOT TO MENTION MY FRIEND GOT 2 TIRES REPLACED A MONTH EARLIER. THEY TRULY ARE SCUM BAGS. WEREN'T THEY OR ARE THEY STILL A SPONSOR OF THE BILLS, IF THEY WERE OR STILL ARE I STRONGLY URGE THE BILLS TO END THAT RELATIONSHIP ASAP! ALSO, AFTER TELLING A FRIENDS RELATIVE MY STORY, HE SAID HE HAD WORKED AT DUNN TIRE FOR A WEEK AND THEY TRAINED HIM TO TELL CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE THINGS WRONG WITH THEIR CARS EVEN WHEN THEY DONT, ESPECIALLY OLDER PEOPLE.

-TAKE THIS AS YOU WISH, I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY BAD EXPERIENCE

First time on the interweb or is your shift key sticky?

I miss Monica Seles. Jeez, just think: Now she is making those same noises off of the court with Tom Golisano. :-)

We could be hearing those noises coming out of the owners box if we are lucky.