Keith Rivers is mostly likely Kiko's replacement, per Chris Brown

Rivers is terrible, ask any Giants fan. Invisible man on the field. It's like playing defense with 10 players.

Their Defense finished ahead of ours.

Rivers is not Terrible, he is average. Our Lb core is still better than it was last year at this time.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their Defense finished ahead of ours.

Rivers is not Terrible, he is average. Our Lb core is still better than it was last year at this time.

Exactly, its the giants offense that was so bad last year.

People also don't realuze rivers was having a good rookie season (#2 in tackles for Bengals) until that d%#@he ward blindsided him and broke his jaw. IMO he's never been quite the same since. Let's hope he hits his maximum stride again here in buffalo.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Good catch, sorry man. I knew was a 1st round and just assumed it was Bengals.

I only remembered because he came from the same school, 1st round & D-line as Mario & McCargo......and of course we drafted the worst of the three. :lol:

I only remembered because he came from the same school, 1st round & D-line as Mario & McCargo......and of course we drafted the worst of the three. :lol:

I hated the mccargo pick.

BTW on paper our front 7 looks stacked:

#1 overall pick

#3 overall pick

#9 overall pick

#22 overall pick

#31 overall pick

2nd round pick

The one pick outside of the first 2 rounds has been to 2 Pro bowls

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

There has been one constant throughout Rivers' career: almost no production. In 6 years he has made hardly any plays: http://www.pro-footb.../R/RiveKe99.htm .

He's the very definition of a below average NFL player.

Please recall Jerry Hughes, who had five sacks in three years with the colts.

Rivers doesn't seem promising at this moment, but lets see what we can do with him.

There has been one constant throughout Rivers' career: almost no production. In 6 years he has made hardly any plays: http://www.pro-footb.../R/RiveKe99.htm .

He's the very definition of a below average NFL player.

He wont get you beat and wont make players. We lost that playmaker potential in Kiko. Other guys need to step up. Kiko's biggest loss will be in coverage. I think the DBs will be the ones filling the void rather than the LBs.

Every playoff team last year lost a great player. There are no excuses in the NFL, Bills will have to adjust.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Please recall Jerry Hughes, who had five sacks in three years with the colts.

Rivers doesn't seem promising at this moment, but lets see what we can do with him.

Rivers has bounced around and has been in the league for a half dozen years. At a certain point, leopards don't change their spots. He's a below-average player.

Rivers has bounced around and has been in the league for a half dozen years. At a certain point, leopards don't change their spots. He's a below-average player.

Rivers' rookie season was going really well, but that injury obviously ended his season and has had some sort of effect on his future play. I suppose comparing him to Hughes isn't exactly fair, but I do think we should have a little faith in him, or at least the staff.

Rivers is pretty terrible. Hope a young player beats him out or were in trouble

I only saw him play in Cincy and he looked pretty good to me. Not an all-pro obviously, but a decent OLB. Didn't do a deep dive into the all-22 or anything, because not a fan of the team. Didn't watch much of the NYG defense but I know they were put in some bad positions by the offense. What I do know is that Whaley, for his lack of experience in college scouting (I am sure Monos runs that show), he has been impressive with his pro scouting and his background attributes that. He isn't perfect (no GM is) and the LG situation from last year shows that. But they do seem to react quickly when they realize mistakes and try to correct. My point is, they have a ton of research on why they think Rivers fits what this defense is going to do and it is pretty complicated IMO when that analysis takes place. So let's see how that works out. They never intended him to start at WLB, but if he does, it will mean he is our best option. Edited by YoloinOhio