Tues. Buff News - Bills Ready To Go With Losman

Mark VI

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DB ran for 29 yards in 2003 and 37 yards in 2004.  If you consider 8 more yards for THE SEASON as something to write about, I guess you got me on that one.

218074[/snapback]

You have to look at the percentage increase. 27.6%! If Drew maintains this rate of increase year over year, he will run for over 2300 yards in 2021.

DB ran for 29 yards in 2003 and 37 yards in 2004.  If you consider 8 more yards for THE SEASON as something to write about, I guess you got me on that one.

218074[/snapback]

It's not 8 yards it is just under 27.6% improvement. With compounding that means he'll run for 26,341.2 yards in 2085. Of course we will have cut him by then due to stupid fans like you.

I'm fine with JP starting it just really worries me who the back-up is--this season could be disastrous at QB. Yes it can get worse than Bledsoe. How easily we forget the RJ 3-13 season. JP's mobility will counteract some blitzing and give the offense more options, but it could be a rough learning curve.

I for one, do not want to see Drew as a backup. I think if they make the move to JP, which I agree with, he will make many rookie mistakes. Lets just say the Bills start the year 0-3 or 0-4 again with JP as the QB. If Drews on the bench, do you not think the pressure will be immense to put Drew back in.Can we really survive that type of QB controversy again. IMHO only, Drew being here will stunt JPs growth.

Drew either enters the year as starter, or needs to be cut. That simple in my mind.

217870[/snapback]

If JP had started the first 4 games last year, the Bills would not have been 0-4.

Drew makes as many stupid decisions as any rookie QB.

If JP had started the first 4 games last year, the Bills would not have been 0-4.

Drew makes as many stupid decisions as any rookie QB.

218157[/snapback]

And you're basing this on what exactly? I wish people wouldn't make arguments like this, it's hard to distinguish the rational football analysts who are ready to move on from the actual Drew haters.

If you think we couldn't do worse than Drew, you must not watch much NFL football.

I didn't ask you what you thought the team's record would be, I asked what your reaction would be if they DID suck that bad.  Say what you will, but the only game that DB could be pegged with the loss is the Patriots.  SO things COULD be much worse than they were this year.

CW

218027[/snapback]

Sorry- but at a minimum, Drew also gets direct credit for the Ravens and Steelers losses.

218074[/snapback]

Bump for those who did not realize the dramatic improvement in DB's rushing stats this year. :w00t:

Sorry Oneida...bumping this up was a cheapshot on my part. :P

Bump for those who did not realize the dramatic improvement in DB's rushing stats this year. :w00t:

218645[/snapback]

Congratulations. You did your homework on the QB rating. It was an unsubstantiated comment on the radio. I stand corrected. The rest of all my comments I have checked out, and they are all accurate.

I would have apologized earlier, but my 1 post a day average doesn't bring me here as often as some.

Congratulations.  You did your homework on the QB rating. It was an unsubstantiated comment on the radio.  I stand corrected.  The rest of all my comments I have checked out, and they are all accurate.

I would have apologized earlier, but my 1 post a day average doesn't bring me here as often as some.

218656[/snapback]

No problem. I'm usually up for a good debate....even if it's been hashed out over and over again. :P

218645[/snapback]

He had 2 less rushes this season and STILL managed more yards. :D

Seriously though, he was very mobile in the pocket, sidestepped blitzers much better than his first two seasons (even when he was on fire in his first season).

I still think cutting him outright would be a mistake. But time will tell.

CW