tailgating spot

Tiz427

Sooo over the last few years my tailgating crew has lost a few people due to moving away, and we are down to 4 of us. Last years we tried a few lots but didn't find a place to really call home......any suggestions?

I know the board is overwhelmingly in support of Hammer's lot, and understandably so. But a buddy of mine runs a big tailgate in that big private grass lot next to the field house and we've always had a blast there. He's been able to set up a nice standing agreement with them to "reserve" his spot every game day.

I know the board is overwhelmingly in support of Hammer's lot, and understandably so. But a buddy of mine runs a big tailgate in that big private grass lot next to the field house and we've always had a blast there. He's been able to set up a nice standing agreement with them to "reserve" his spot every game day.

That's where I was talking about in my post. Hammers and this lot have been my best spots. Grass lot is a great time unless it rains grass lot becomes mud lot.

Hammers is awesome. But hard to get into sometimes. A few games last year they were filled up by 8:15.

Not a fan of the "mud lot" by the field house. As one poster stated you DONT want to park there if it rained recently. It turns into a swamp. Its also always dirty and a bit over priced.

My group is thinking about using the ECC lot this year as a back up for when we can't get into Hammers. Anybody have any experience there?

Hammers is awesome. But hard to get into sometimes. A few games last year they were filled up by 8:15.

Not a fan of the "mud lot" by the field house. As one poster stated you DONT want to park there if it rained recently. It turns into a swamp. Its also always dirty and a bit over priced.

My group is thinking about using the ECC lot this year as a back up for when we can't get into Hammers. Anybody have any experience there?

We have used ECC since prolly 85. Started cause it was easy to get to from route 5, the way we come to the stadium from GI.

When we have large tailgates with the kids we park in the back, tons of room, not crowded, lots of ares for kids to roam.

If all adults, we park in front, again generally plenty of room, nice lot , nice crowd .

I recommend either way.

https://www.google.c...tMFuLHK1mWQ!2e0

3859 Sheldon. Here's a google street view of the spot where I sometimes tailgate. $10 to park and it's a bit of a walk to the stadium but it's great.

Looks to be a good spot for me. What time do they usually fill up? I've parked at Stadium Collision the past two games because its $10 and easy to get out but its a longer walk and the tailgating sucks.

We have used ECC since prolly 85. Started cause it was easy to get to from route 5, the way we come to the stadium from GI.

When we have large tailgates with the kids we park in the back, tons of room, not crowded, lots of ares for kids to roam.

If all adults, we park in front, again generally plenty of room, nice lot , nice crowd .

I recommend either way.

Yeah I think ECC will be our new number 2 for when we can't get into Hammers. What time does it usually fill up?

Yeah I think ECC will be our new number 2 for when we can't get into Hammers. What time does it usually fill up?

I don't know when/if they ever do fill up and they stop letting people in...we have been as late as 9.30 and never had any issues. There is no policing per se of spaces, only issue sometimes can be one car taking up 3/4 spaces with tent, grill, chairs etc...but that is rare.

Looks to be a good spot for me. What time do they usually fill up? I've parked at Stadium Collision the past two games because its $10 and easy to get out but its a longer walk and the tailgating sucks.

They don't fill up completely. You can usually get in. Good folks there including one guy who brings his living room with him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot