Kyle Williams to be featured on NFLN Top 100 (top 40) tonight

He doesn't have to lead in sacks to have a giant impact. His impact is a guy like Hughes getting double digit sacks because of Mario on the other side.

Good to see Kyle getting his respect. He's one of the best pass rushing DTs in the NFL. Still, these lists are pretty meaningless but it's gotta feel good to be on it.

The lists are meaningless, but they are voted by their peers - so kind of cool.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to lead in sacks to have a giant impact. His impact is a guy like Hughes getting double digit sacks because of Mario on the other side.

Good to see Kyle getting his respect. He's one of the best pass rushing DTs in the NFL. Still, these lists are pretty meaningless but it's gotta feel good to be on it.

This list lost a lot of credibility when Jimmy Graham wasn't even on it in 2013.

That said, receiving accolades and recognition from your peers certainly trumps acknowledgement from fans, may be even the press, too.

This list lost a lot of credibility when Jimmy Graham wasn't even on it in 2013.

That said, receiving accolades and recognition from your peers certainly trumps acknowledgement from fans, may be even the press, too.

Agreed. But Kyle has made a few pro bowls, so his name is out there. It would be interesting to see if a less known guy (Cordy Glenn for example) gets some love.

According to PFF, he is the only "elite" player on the team. Still don't agree with that, but that is not a knock on Kyle as much as it is a discredit to Mario who frees up Kyle. But I think Kyle deserves every accolade he gets and love that the Bills took him in the 5th and he turned out to be a stud and a captain.

And while Tom Brady, often rightfully so, gets so much credit for being a 6th Round Draft choice and the "ultimate" QB, I love how KW gets overlooked taken one round earlier several years later...also, many times on this very message board people post thoughts leading up to the Draft how "no one good comes after the 3rd Round" and no matter how many times some of us try to post rational and statistical evidence to the contrary, they come up with some other b.s. reason why it is invalid...I find vindicating to see KW get the recognition he deserves as had he played for Green Bay, or the Saints, or NE or even the Jets, he would have been rightly heralded long ago...

Be serious Big Cat!! If you had your choice of Jimmy Graham or Dennis Pitta you can't seriously convince me that you wouldn't pick Pitta!

Agreed and for a guy like Kyle Williams to be recognized that high is special. But let's be honest. most players are clueless.

It would be cool if certain positions could only vote for the players that they played directly against. ie Only O-lineman can vote for the best D-lineman and vice versa. I think your right that the wideouts don't know jack about what's going on in the trenches for the most part. Likewise, the fatties (term of endearment for ourselves) don't know the first thing about what makes someone good in press coverage.

Everyone on D would still vote on overall positions like QB, because everyone plays against some aspect of the QB (defensive backfield has to defend the pass, pass rushers have to try and bring the guy down). Even just limiting Offensive players to voting for only what they perceived to be the best defensive players and vice versa would probably be more representative.

But agree with other posters that it's cool that our players get respect from their peers, the ones who really know how good they are.

It would be cool if certain positions could only vote for the players that they played directly against. ie Only O-lineman can vote for the best D-lineman and vice versa. I think your right that the wideouts don't know jack about what's going on in the trenches for the most part. Likewise, the fatties (term of endearment for ourselves) don't know the first thing about what makes someone good in press coverage.

Everyone on D would still vote on overall positions like QB, because everyone plays against some aspect of the QB (defensive backfield has to defend the pass, pass rushers have to try and bring the guy down). Even just limiting Offensive players to voting for only what they perceived to be the best defensive players and vice versa would probably be more representative.

But agree with other posters that it's cool that our players get respect from their peers, the ones who really know how good they are.

Agreed. Do you think Antonio Bryant studies offensive linemen?

Agreed. Do you think Antonio Bryant studies offensive linemen?

LOL Antonio Bryant? Study? I think he would either be too high to vote period or would be too conceded to vote because it would give props to someone other than himself. I was more thinking like wideouts being like "Yeah, that tackle is the tallest, has huge biceps, and lots of tattoos. He's clearly the best"

What an odd career trajectory for KW. He went from being criminally underrated early on to being a bit overrated lately in just a few short seasons.

I remember when the Super Bowl Bills were in all their glory... Darryl Talley was always referred to as the most "underrated" player on the Bills, or the most "uderrated" player in the NFL....loved Talley, and he was great....but at what point does being consistently referred to as being criminally underrated make a guy overrated?

Not sure that I agree with you that he is "overrated", but if he has a weakness, IMO, is that he is not stellar against the run...adequate to good, but not stellar. There have been a few times over the last couple of seasons where I recall him either getting turnstyled a straight ahead rush, or just taken out of the play by his own agressiveness.

Kyle WIlliams is the most overrated player in the NFL. He has been a part of a crap defense that cannot stop the run since he has been here and he adds no additional value whether he play or not.

He has had no impact at all in his 8 years.

Kyle WIlliams is the most overrated player in the NFL. He has been a part of a crap defense that cannot stop the run since he has been here and he adds no additional value whether he play or not.

He has had no impact at all in his 8 years.

You really have to learn how to stop holding back and express your opinions with no trepidation.

You really have to learn how to stop holding back and express your opinions with no trepidation.

I was wondering when the KW haters were going to come out! I love their "arguments". He sucks. Run D aint good. Bills no stop run. I remember this one time I saw something that looked like a thing. Mungo want Duffs...

please reference my earlier argument about independent grading that rates him as one of the most technically sound and elite d linemen in the league. Please reference the source of this thread, the top 100 players in the NFL, as voted by the players. The guys who, you know, actually know what it's like to play against him. Not you.

I was wondering when the KW haters were going to come out! I love their "arguments". He sucks. Run D aint good. Bills no stop run. I remember this one time I saw something that looked like a thing. Mungo want Duffs...

please reference my earlier argument about independent grading that rates him as one of the most technically sound and elite d linemen in the league. Please reference the source of this thread, the top 100 players in the NFL, as voted by the players. The guys who, you know, actually know what it's like to play against him. Not you.

Is this directed at me?

Northern team that needs to stop the run to win, and they never have been since he has been here, he is too small and he has held the Bills back. Best they ever finished with him is 22nd, and they are between 28-32 in the other years, they would do about the same with any other NFL player on the field.

Is this directed at me?

No sir! Your post was just the most recent point of reference building off the post prior. Pardon my newb message board awareness if that's a faux pas

Northern team that needs to stop the run to win, and they never have been since he has been here, he is too small and he has held the Bills back. Best they ever finished with him is 22nd, and they are between 28-32 in the other years, they would do about the same with any other NFL player on the field.

Well who can argue with that. #AnalyticsDepartment

I bet some NFL players can't read. They vote on what they hear, and they hear Kyle Williams plays hard, and coaches like him. The true education level of NFL players has a mean average that is in high school. Lots of dumb dumbs.

You know Belichek likes Kyle Williams? Because he is very easy to beat. Hard to play against, but easy to beat, they love having Kyle Williams on the field, a completely undersized DT.

Belichek is smart, he likes a lot of guys like Kyle Williams, he wants teams to keep those massively overrated players, they easy to beat.

To say the players vote him means very little to me.

Be logical. Why is Kyle Williams good? Without him would the Bills be 0-16 every year? THey suck whether he plays or not, and he has no impact at all.

Edited by Security

I bet some NFL players can't read. They vote on what they hear, and they hear Kyle Williams plays hard, and coaches like him. The true education level of NFL players has a mean average that is in high school. Lots of dumb dumbs.

You know Belichek likes Kyle Williams? Because he is very easy to beat. Hard to play against, but easy to beat, they love having Kyle Williams on the field, a completely undersized DT.

Belichek is smart, he likes a lot of guys like Kyle Williams, he wants teams to keep those massively overrated players, they easy to beat.

To say the players vote him means very little to me.

Be logical. Why is Kyle Williams good? Without him would the Bills be 0-16 every year? THey suck whether he plays or not, and he has no impact at all.

There are 22 players on the field my friend. His role accounts for 4.5% of this football team, not counting special teams. Just because the team hasn't won doesn't mean he's not a great player and a great contributor.

You've registered your rebuttal on the player vote. That has some merit, though I inherently disagree. I'd really like you to read my earlier post about "Grading" and hear your thoughts on that. No tongue in cheek, do you know what that is and how it works? Many fans do not. Do you think that the people who do that are lying? Wrong? Just curious.

There are 22 players on the field my friend. His role accounts for 4.5% of this football team, not counting special teams. Just because the team hasn't won doesn't mean he's not a great player and a great contributor.

You've registered your rebuttal on the player vote. That has some merit, though I inherently disagree. I'd really like you to read my earlier post about "Grading" and hear your thoughts on that. No tongue in cheek, do you know what that is and how it works? Many fans do not. Do you think that the people who do that are lying? Wrong? Just curious.

I will have to find that post, I will take a look.

I do think most players are clueless though and I think a lot coaches play games with what they say.