Please be careful, Robert Woods...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irregardless of whether it is Woods riding the motorcycle, for all intensive purposes, he shouldn't be posting this video to his Twitter account. Ahhhhhhhduuuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!

It's all a mute point now anyway!

lol

Edited by TheFunPolice

Actually, proper English would be "moot point," but thanks for playing.

My apologies. I was trying to be funny and play along when I wrote "mute" instead of "moot."

I just assumed your butchery of the English language in the post I quoted above was intended to be humorous.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Irregardless of whether it is Woods riding the motorcycle, for all intensive purposes, he shouldn't be posting this video to his Twitter account. Ahhhhhhhduuuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!

intents and purposes come on people!

My apologies. I was trying to be funny and play along when I wrote "mute" instead of "moot."

I just assumed your butchery of the English language in the post I quoted above was intended to be humorous.

Sarcasm implied and butchery intended. I was just having some fun. Drank a lot of Father's Day IPA's.

Cheers

I'm just worried about Robert's self of steam.

Not to mention the statue of limitations on crimes involving street racing!!

SERIOUSLY!? CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE. There isn't even proof here Robert Woods is doing anything he needs to be careful ABOUT!

Also look at the ankles of the guy on the black bike. He's white.

Perhaps the NFL should start a sewing and knitting club for younger players. Just like my grandmother belonged too. Don't want these new millionaires having fun. of course if this action is written into the contract then there is a breach. i kind of doubt that though.

Did anyone here ever do anything crazy on a bike or in a car? it seems unlikely, judging by the responses.

#howsmyenglish

SERIOUSLY!? CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE. There isn't even proof here Robert Woods is doing anything he needs to be careful ABOUT!

Also look at the ankles of the guy on the black bike. He's white.

Hogan!!!1

intents and purposes come on people!

You mean common people.

Perhaps the NFL should start a sewing and knitting club for younger players. Just like my grandmother belonged too. Don't want these new millionaires having fun. of course if this action is written into the contract then there is a breach. i kind of doubt that though.

Did anyone here ever do anything crazy on a bike or in a car? it seems unlikely, judging by the responses.

#howsmyenglish

Actually your grammar is fair, but you failed to capitalize the first word of your last sentence. Also, the comma between unlikely and judging is not necessary.

#thisbitisgrowingtired

#howsmyenglish

I'm certain that there is language in each NFL contract about dangerous off field activities. Woods most likely hasn't violated anything in his contract, but, he should know better than to post footage like that at any time (at worst he was a passenger in a vehicle & shot the footage). Now bring Dareus into the equation and you get this thread.

I'm certain that there is language in each NFL contract about dangerous off field activities. Woods most likely hasn't violated anything in his contract, but, he should know better than to post footage like that at any time (at worst he was a passenger in a vehicle & shot the footage). Now bring Dareus into the equation and you get this thread.

Well yea it's stupid but hardly new. Look into the early (and current for that matter) astronaut program. To a man they drove corvettes and did very crazy things. Now was that smart? No. especially with the US space program at risk. Astronauts drag racing was almost a religion. And really a football player while being well paid, has nowhere near the importance of say screwing up a launch because he was hammered and racing his vette.

i remember Gus Grissom (i think) speeding tickets up for auction on e-bay it was hilarious there were a lot of them. Most in the reckless driving area of speeding. But, Big Ben leads the charge on stupid stuff on a bike.

Well yea it's stupid but hardly new. Look into the early (and current for that matter) astronaut program. To a man they drove corvettes and did very crazy things. Now was that smart? No. especially with the US space program at risk. Astronauts drag racing was almost a religion. And really a football player while being well paid, has nowhere near the importance of say screwing up a launch because he was hammered and racing his vette.

i remember Gus Grissom (i think) speeding tickets up for auction on e-bay it was hilarious there were a lot of them. Most in the reckless driving area of speeding. But, Big Ben leads the charge on stupid stuff on a bike.

Yes he does.

It's a different world now. Trust me, I speak from experience. :D Everything a player (or entertainer) does is dissected immediately. There are no secrets. If the moon program was getting started now, & if it was as big a spectacle as it was in the 60's, the astronauts would have their past laid bare for all to see. All of the transgressions...adultery, smoking etc. Can you imagine? (I didn't even mention the way they and their spouses dressed)

#thisbitisgrowingtired

Well, yes it is. but IMO this is a friggin football board, not a English class at Columbia. I mean really are grammar police really necessary? As an educator I can respect your concern. probably no different than myself cringing when Keef Richards botches the opening chord on jumping jack flash night after night.

Actually, proper English would be "moot point," but thanks for playing.

I think you're missing the sarcasm. He was replying to a post that used the word "Irregardless" and the phrase "for all intensive purposes".

Well, yes it is. but IMO this is a friggin football board, not a English class at Columbia. I mean really are grammar police really necessary? As an educator I can respect your concern. probably no different than myself cringing when Keef Richards botches the opening chord on jumping jack flash night after night.

Lighten up chief. I was just kidding around. If you look at my original post I was merely poking fun at commonly misused expressions. I purposely used the terms "irregardless" and "for all intensive purposes." I thought some folks might pick up on the reference made to discussion in previous threads.

No concerns or grammar police here.

I think you're missing the sarcasm. He was replying to a post that used the word "Irregardless" and the phrase "for all intensive purposes".

No, I didn't miss anything. I suppose I have a strange sense of humor that is misunderstood by many. I enjoy myself, and that is all that matters.