What if EJ Stinks or Gets Injured Again?

Yeah but, even if true, that's not the point.

Coming in 5 mins before me and leaving 5 mins after does not show dedication. Rather, it shows you know you are the QB and that's what people expect to see.

Refusing to leave until you get it right. Then practicing it until you cannot get it wrong. Then demanding (by example or by mouth) that the others around you do the same. THIS is what its about.

I'm not saying EJ is a slacker or is dogging it or is faking it. No way. But EJ doesnt seem to have that fire to be the best-QB-ever. Without that, first-in and last-out is nothing more than punching a clock.

Where do we get this psychological insight? It seems to me that we get to watch EJ perform on the field, during games, and a little, tiny bit during practice. And, we get to see him in interviews. Where did some people get the notion that EJ is lacking some drive that hobbles him in being a good QB?

And, where did the theory come from that there is some basic, psychological element, common to all QBs, that is recognizable at the end of plays, or in nationally televised interviews, that will determine whether someone has the ability to throw the ball at the right time, in the right direction, with the right accuracy? How do you watch EJ, in the few games he has played in, or the few interviews we have seen, and say, "nah, I don't see it... ?"

Ever listen to Joe Flacco? Or Payton Manning, for that matter?

I am by no means an EJ apologist. I've even been accused of having some "agenda" against him. But, I would like to analyze his development with some degree of realism. Let's not make things up out of thin air.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most the great quarterbacks are exemplary in some way and you could almost characterize them with a word or two. Montana--cool under pressure big nose. Young--accurate not young, anymore. Marino--quick release ringless fingers. Brady--rare mistakes expensive hair. Manning--prep and smarts huge forehead. Rogers--all round great crazy eyes. Kelly--tough too soon.

how would you characterize EJ? I don't think he has the attitude to be great. I think he wants to be great but he doesn't realize how much it takes...the effort and time...the extreme amount of dedication and tenacity the never-give-up-ness. I wish he was a little more chippy. not cocky but more like Brady...pissed off. A little mean streak. A little more bad boy. he seems too milquetoast to be great. Wish otherwise but I don't see it.

He's like the guy who is a decent golfer...he can sometimes rip it 300 down the fairway and sometimes he sinks a long putt or makes a nice chip or sand save but he's prone to the too often snap hook or the occasional blockng it OB right.

maybe he can become a "game manager" and that would be great if he could limit mistakes and we could win with tough d and run game. I don't see us winning games because EJ plays great though.

There, I fixed those things for you. Now, when you look at EJ, and think, "decent golfer," it won't necessarily preclude him from being a great QB. Edited by Rocky Landing

It's kinda crazy that so many have made a final judgment on EJ after he's only played 10 games. I mean, I know he didn't light it up or anything, but I feel like he had a fair share of good and bad moments, combined with being a rookie playing for a rookie coach, that makes it difficult to judge so early...

But, I guess if he's a bust already, we should have been looking for a new QB..... :huh:

It's kinda crazy that so many have made a final judgment on EJ after he's only played 10 games. I mean, I know he didn't light it up or anything, but I feel like he had a fair share of good and bad moments, combined with being a rookie playing for a rookie coach, that makes it difficult to judge so early...

But, I guess if he's a bust already, we should have been looking for a new QB..... :huh:

Johnny football would have already won the SB last year. From college. He's that good.

if he stinks then he stinks and its time to figure out another option at the qb. if he's injured, injuries do happen. i think it matters more on how he plays, if he's having killer games the injuries will have to be judged based on his performance otherwise.

Yeah but, even if true, that's not the point.

Coming in 5 mins before me and leaving 5 mins after does not show dedication. Rather, it shows you know you are the QB and that's what people expect to see.

Refusing to leave until you get it right. Then practicing it until you cannot get it wrong. Then demanding (by example or by mouth) that the others around you do the same. THIS is what its about.

I'm not saying EJ is a slacker or is dogging it or is faking it. No way. But EJ doesnt seem to have that fire to be the best-QB-ever. Without that, first-in and last-out is nothing more than punching a clock.

With all due respect, I think you're splitting hairs.

He's putting in the work required. It doesn't matter if he's all rah-rah while doing it. Other players don't respond to rah-rah; it's over rated. They respond to someone who's walking the walk that's EARNED their respect through play. EJ has a ways to go in that department, but it starts with the example he is setting.

GO BILLS!!!

Where do we get this psychological insight? It seems to me that we get to watch EJ perform on the field, during games, and a little, tiny bit during practice. And, we get to see him in interviews. Where did some people get the notion that EJ is lacking some drive that hobbles him in being a good QB?

And, where did the theory come from that there is some basic, psychological element, common to all QBs, that is recognizable at the end of plays, or in nationally televised interviews, that will determine whether someone has the ability to throw the ball at the right time, in the right direction, with the right accuracy? How do you watch EJ, in the few games he has played in, or the few interviews we have seen, and say, "nah, I don't see it... ?"

Ever listen to Joe Flacco? Or Payton Manning, for that matter?

I am by no means an EJ apologist. I've even been accused of having some "agenda" against him. But, I would like to analyze his development with some degree of realism. Let's not make things up out of thin air.

This guy won 2 SBs:

BWUQbOWCMAA6H4q.jpg