Hamilton Ont.

zazie

Funny you mention that. They basically built this stadium where the old Ivor Wynne stadium was, which is smack in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I went to a Ti-Cats game a few years back. It felt like I was going to the original Old Rockpile on Best St.

They did put it exactly in the spot Ivor Wynne was. They just turned it 90 degrees. They played their games last year in Guelph.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As best as I can tell, IRC501c6 was amended at the time of the AFL-NFL merger (1966) to include "professional football leagues" due to concerns about the merger being challenged under the Clayton Anti-trust Act (or the Federal Trade Commissions Act). No other league has this status. And, IMHO, it is pretty shady by today's political standards. I'd have to think some congressman trying to make a name for himself would write a bill to challenge this exemption if a team moves to Canada (although they might well do so even if that doesn't happen).

Wow, great info, thanks. That definitely sounds like it makes a move (or expansion) to Canada a whole other ball of wax. Could go a long way toward explaining why the NFL has long been the only league with no presence in Canada.

They did put it exactly in the spot Ivor Wynne was. They just turned it 90 degrees. They played their games last year in Guelph.

Excellent. New Bills stadium in Guelph!

The Buffalo Bills of Guelph has a great ring to it.

I said the same thing in the other thread. In fact, I'm getting a little sick of how most are trying to accommodate our brethren to the north. Our own TBD member Canadian Bills Fan even says "keep the stadium in the US" and I believe most Canadians feel the same way. Let's stop trying to figure out how the Canadians will be able to get to a Niagara Falls stadium, new bridges near NF, etc. and just build the stadium in Buffalo where it belongs. If you build it, they (the Canadians) will come.

There is ZERO, actually probably a negative, percent chance the Bills anger the vast majority of their fan base by forcing them to cross a border twice

There is ZERO, actually probably a negative, percent chance the Bills anger the vast majority of their fan base by forcing them to cross a border twice

lol. Read my posts and figure out if I really think we should have a stadium in Hamilton.

No way the NFL will let the Bills into the lucrative Hamilton market. They use it like LA every time the Bills need a new stadium. Hamilton is primed to be the next big dollar expansion team.

I think the queen slept there once.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan