Can you fly this plane, and land it? Surely you can't be serious.

Holy crap. Although going from flying a B-1 to a 737 is like going from driving a Lamborghini to a school bus.

I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether.

I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether.

"It's an entirely different kind of flying."

soooo ummmm ....... what does a copilot do?

did they really need to ask if a "pilot" was on board?

I thought the same thing. Shouldn't the copilot be competent enough to land the plane...or at least competent enough that the flight attendants don't have to go asking for pilots?

This copilot managed to do so with no major concern so it seems. I could see wanting another person to help with communications etc but sheesh... Perhaps, they asked for a 'pilot' as that person would be better with those other tasks than a person with no aviation experience. The way it's presented is a bit odd.

It's an entirely different kind of flying.

"It's an entirely different kind of flying."

(He did say "altogether," people.)

This copilot managed to do so with no major concern so it seems. I could see wanting another person to help with communications etc but sheesh... Perhaps, they asked for a 'pilot' as that person would be better with those other tasks than a person with no aviation experience. The way it's presented is a bit odd.

Generally, when taking off or landing, pilot and copilot are performing different tasks simultaneously. Depending on the plane (and I have no idea about this particular 737), it might be difficult for a single pilot to land safely.

And going from a B-1 to a 737 is probably more like going from a minivan to a school bus. A B-1 isn't THAT hot a plane.