Jim Leonhard?

I thought for sure that this would be the replacement for Jim Leonhard...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/65138/meet-the-free-agent-s-john-wendling

Especially given the connection to Schwartz and Crossman, and the need for some special team's "aces."

"He will be a player who will eventually be brought into a camp by a team that struggled on special teams coverage last season."

Edited by Bob Malooga

Also, reading Joe B's blog, it looks like Leonhard already served his purpose in Buffalo.

http://www.wgr550.com/The-time-is-now-for-Bills-Duke-Williams/9034669?pid=405285&do=1&stnBlogPage=true

"The safety cites both Byrd and former Bills player Jim Leonhard as two veterans that really took him under their wing and trained him on how to be a professional. Whether it was through studying the playbook, doing extra work on the field after practice or taking proper care of his body, Williams took his cues from a duo that have each found success as starters in the NFL."

I have pretty high hopes for Duke Williams...he is long and athletic and likes to hit. I think he'll be a solid player for us!

"Little Jimmy, Jimmy won't stay at home,

The other team pushed Jimmy round, where Jimmy shouldn't go,

Tried stoppin' everybody but, oh no

Little Jimmy, Jimmy won't - stay home"

How ":Sweet" it isn't....

Who ?

Selective memories here it seems.

Jim was brought in for his smarts and Vet Leadership which he had in aces.

But his body is about done,

I respect the man , as he has been a gamer for many years .

Lets move on folks.

Mark you do make a good point , someone will probably pick him up again . Not the Bills though. I would take Kenny Ladler over Ole gentleman Jim

Agreed. If he gets a call, it will be in September when there are injuries as you can just plug him into most systems. I'm hopeful we'll have enough depth not to need him.

Also, reading Joe B's blog, it looks like Leonhard already served his purpose in Buffalo.

http://www.wgr550.co...tnBlogPage=true

"The safety cites both Byrd and former Bills player Jim Leonhard as two veterans that really took him under their wing and trained him on how to be a professional. Whether it was through studying the playbook, doing extra work on the field after practice or taking proper care of his body, Williams took his cues from a duo that have each found success as starters in the NFL."

I have pretty high hopes for Duke Williams...he is long and athletic and likes to hit. I think he'll be a solid player for us!

Nice testament to Byrd and Jim both as being professionals I thought :thumbsup:

Nice testament to Byrd and Jim both as being professionals I thought :thumbsup:

I agree. Jimmy has always appeared to be a class act. To a man, Byrd was also very well respected in the locker room as evidenced by all the tweets from the Bills players after he left. I think this part kind of played into the decision not to tag him. He was so well liked and respected that the anticipation of him NOT being all in for the team's benefit but rather his own by playing on another 1-year deal before he could be free, isn't the type of example the Bills wanted for the young guys who look up to him. Really, again, human nature and understandable.... but not ideal.