Senators Urge N.F.L. to Act on Redskins’ Name

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't going away. Here's an article where you can view a commercial to air during the NBA playoffs tonight.

http://sports.yahoo....-203013166.html

Sound like some ARE offended after all ...

Strong ad.

I wonder, what if they changed the name from Redskins to Indians?

Would that be acceptable?

Edited by Mark Vader

I'd tell Senate to stick it. This country is over offended and over Sensitive. Rub some dirt on it and get over it. More extremist, butt hurt liberals who are the very loud minority finding something else to be 'Offended' about.

Totally agree, this is silly stupid Non-issue.

#ohtheirony

You previously "yawned" at this subject, but your obviously interested. I don't get it.

The name should be changed BTW. Tradition aside, it's a racist word. I dare anyone who supports the continuation of the name to go to the nearest reservation and use the word "Redskin".

You previously "yawned" at this subject, but your obviously interested. I don't get it.

The name should be changed BTW. Tradition aside, it's a racist word. I dare anyone who supports the continuation of the name to go to the nearest reservation and use the word "Redskin".

I don't know where one is around here, but I would. I'd dare them to stop me.

I don't know where one is around here, but I would. I'd dare them to stop me.

Seriously? You would go to a Native American reservation and intentionally insult them with the worst word used to describe them? And then "dare them" to stop you??? Why? Are you a sociopath?

Seriously? You would go to a Native American reservation and intentionally insult them with the worst word used to describe them? And then "dare them" to stop you??? Why? Are you a sociopath?

Probably. But, my point is not to insight anything as I have 100% belief that it would not be of any consequence or matter. No one would likely care or be offended and if anything me screaming this out in the middle of the street would only anger someone who had to go around me or stop texting on their phone to pay attention to the road.

If they wanted to beat my butt, sure they're welcome to. Anyone is. Any time you open your mouth or just exist there will likely always be someone willing to knock you out because they simply can. Giving them an easy excuse just makes it justifiable - at least in their mind.

You see, it is not the stopping me I dare them to do. It is to actually care enough with what I am saying and doing to actually stop me - and I do not simply mean physically.

Probably. But, my point is not to insight anything as I have 100% belief that it would not be of any consequence or matter. No one would likely care or be offended and if anything me screaming this out in the middle of the street would only anger someone who had to go around me or stop texting on their phone to pay attention to the road.

If they wanted to beat my butt, sure they're welcome to. Anyone is. Any time you open your mouth or just exist there will likely always be someone willing to knock you out because they simply can. Giving them an easy excuse just makes it justifiable - at least in their mind.

You see, it is not the stopping me I dare them to do. It is to actually care enough with what I am saying and doing to actually stop me - and I do not simply mean physically.

Then, when the name is actually changed because the Native American community, including the numerous Native American groups that have come out against the name (and spent a considerable amount of money in the process), have applied enough economic, and social pressure, will you then change your mind? Or do they have to get up in your face personally?

Actually, most of the Native Americans I regularly interact with are more offended by the use of the word "reservation" than the term "redskin."

Actually, most of the Native Americans I regularly interact with are more offended by the use of the word "reservation" than the term "redskin."

Hey dont give them any ideas, they may start referring to FedEx field as "The Reservation"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Then, when the name is actually changed because the Native American community, including the numerous Native American groups that have come out against the name (and spent a considerable amount of money in the process), have applied enough economic, and social pressure, will you then change your mind? Or do they have to get up in your face personally?

ah, I'll just think they over sensative Nancy's

Edit: because society is full of morons who get a wad in their panties over the stupidest of things.

Edited by jboyst62