Update on renovations to The Ralph

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, still not sure about the Black, if they were going to paint the outside, they should have done the entire stadium

I hope like hell they paint the entire 300 level.... That crumbling concrete is depressing, but maybe it won't stick out that bad anymore...

Lipstick on a pig. I have great memories from 80's and 90's but go to any modern stadium and you won't want to watch the Bills play a home game. Bathrooms are disgusting. There is no room to walk. Food is average. Even in the Jim Kelly club the beef on weck was cold. Very disappointing. Beer selection could be better.

Guys please go to a new venue and see what you are missing. Tear down the Ralph. Build a 64,000 seat stadium on the waterfront and raise the ticket prices 25%. Add high quality food and beverage items. I'm not saying every other stadium is better but Seattle and Arizona offered much better experiences. I'm going to Bears-Bills but I don't expect it will be much better than RW.

Worst stadium ever though was Metrodome. The concourses could not have allowed more than 5 people side by side. Actually was a bit scary.

I have been to about 5 new(er) stadiums including Baltimore, Dallas, and Washington (some of the biggest int he NFL). They Suck compared to the Ralph (in its past configuration) as far as sight lines go and viewing football. The food was better but I go to the game to watch football. I eat in the parking lot.

The locker room renovations are top notch. Players are going to love them. I didnt even know that was part of this. May be a top 5 locker room in the NFL now. High tech, modern design.

A retro fit in the future could work, I just hate the location. Northern Erie is the place to be IMO. Niagara Falls is my preference because it would bring more money from Southern Ontario, but Northern Erie County is the 2nd best location.

Who on here remembers the move from War Memorial to the Ralph?

I do. As far as the lipstick on a pig comment why not see what they did for yourself before deciding its awful? They are working on all the stuff you were complaining about.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I do. As far as the lipstick on a pig comment why not see what they did for yourself before deciding its awful? They are working on all the stuff you were complaining about.

Was there much of an uproar going from Buffalo to OP?

Edited by CountryCletus

Was there much of an uproar going from Buffalo to OP?

I was 14 so I don't remember any drama over moving out of the city. If anything people must have been glad because everyone was fleeing Buffalo for the suburbs back then.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was 14 so I don't remember any drama over moving out of the city. If anything people must have been glad because everyone was fleeing for the suburbs back then.

Gotcha! As long as we remain the BUFFALO BILLS, I am happy... I won't mind an added 30 minutes of travel, but much more than that and I may have to stop buying season tickets, only because it already takes me 2-2 1/2 hours to get there...

I have been to about 5 new(er) stadiums including Baltimore, Dallas, and Washington (some of the biggest int he NFL). They Suck compared to the Ralph (in its past configuration) as far as sight lines go and viewing football. The food was better but I go to the game to watch football. I eat in the parking lot.

I've been to BofA Stadium in Charlotte and the Georgia Dome. The only advantage those modern stadiums have over the Ralph are wider concourses, nicer bathrooms, and easier entry/exit of the facility. All of which are being addressed with these renovations. Absolutely 1,000% agreed on the sight lines. BofA Stadium was nice, but very vertical, the upper deck feels like a cliff. Same with the Georgia Dome, plus the translucent roof makes for a very eerie lighting effect during the day, like you're watching a game under fluorescent lights. Blech. Gimme the Ralph any day. I guess concessions are better elsewhere, but I wouldn't know because I always eat breakfast and lunch at our tailgate. Other than the time we sat in club seats, I can't remember the last time I bought food in the Ralph. Maybe a soft pretzel once.