Gotta root for SUs McNabb

Rayzer32

SUs McNabb and the Eagles or AFC East enemy Brady and NE  

42 members have voted

1. 1. SUs McNabb and the Eagles or AFC East enemy Brady and NE

• SUs and Philly's McNabb
    • Brady and NE

I told my family yesterday that my hatred for the pats was beginning to reach miamian proportions. My wife said "how can you hate the patriots? There's no one on that team worth hating." I begged to differ, and in the end she agreed to hate whomever I hate. :lol:

I like McNabb. I HATE the pats. Guess I root for Philly.

The six people who voted for brady should be drawn and quartered! :D

I was lectured by my wife regarding this issue last night. She said it was "evil" of me to root against the Eagles because it would crush her father to have the Ealges lose the SB.

216376[/snapback]

Just tell him "hey, you are used to not being in Super Bowls, so enjoy the fact that you actually made it this year instead of choking like they usually do in conference championship games."

It should help your cause with dad-in-law. :D

Just tell him "hey, you are used to not being in Super Bowls, so enjoy the fact that you actually made it this year instead of choking like they usually do in conference championship games."

It should help your cause with dad-in-law.  :D

216383[/snapback]

I'm going to agree with her this time.

Something has to change, i have to let go of the hatred. Maybe if I root for the Eagles, the good karma will come back to me, Bledsoe will be removed, JP will win 13 games next year, take us to the SB and win?

I'm going to agree with her this time.

Something has to change, i have to let go of the hatred. Maybe if I root for the Eagles, the good karma will come back to me, Bledsoe will be removed, JP will win 13 games next year, take us to the SB and win?

216396[/snapback]

My mother-in-law is a HUGE Iggles fan. My wife and I are going to wish her good luck, then root for the Pats. We will then call up my mom-in-law, and console her after the Iggles lose the SB.

No hurt feelings among family. :D

My mother-in-law is a HUGE Iggles fan. My wife and I are going to wish her good luck, then root for the Pats. We will then call up my mom-in-law, and console her after the Iggles lose the SB.

No hurt feelings among family. :D

216412[/snapback]

It really is petty of me to wish that everyone else in my extended family feel the agony that I have in football.

But I'm selfish that way. Maybe like I said it's bad karma.

This is like asking who do you invite over for dinner, T-Bone or ICE?  Either one is going to make you miserable so you just drink to an alarming excess and try your best to ignore that it's actually happening.

216434[/snapback]

Now THAT is the best advice I've heard in a long time. Prost!

Let me see... since the Bills were last in the Super Bowl I have rooted for:

XXIX: Niners over Chargers -- no way did I want the AFC to get off the schneid right after Buffalo lost four straight

XXX: Cowboys over Steelers -- ditto

XXXI: Packers over Pats -- I rooted for Favre in this one

XXXII: Broncos over Packers -- I'd finally gotten over it enough to root for an AFC team

XXXIII: Broncos over Falcons -- root for the Falcons? come on

XXXIV: Rams over Titans -- that should have been US in that SB and I was NOT going to root for Tennessee

XXXV: Ravens over Giants -- I had been waiting 10 years to see the Giants lose a SB and I enjoyed every minute of it

XXXVI: Pats over Rams -- I know, shocking. But I hated Warner and Fartz.

XXXVII: Raiders over Bucs -- the closet '70s Raider fan in me emerged and was quickly bitchslapped

XXXVIII: Panthers over Pats -- by now I REALLY hated the Pats

So anyway, in the last 10 SBs I've rooted for the AFC five times and the NFC five times. I much prefer the AFC overall but because we're in that conference I have a much greater hatred of more AFC teams than NFC teams. :D

Case in point: this SB. I'm rooting for the Eagles.

So anyway, in the last 10 SBs I've rooted for the AFC five times and the NFC five times.  I much prefer the AFC overall but because we're in that conference I have a much greater hatred of more AFC teams than NFC teams.  :D 

216475[/snapback]

I always root for the AFC in the Super Bowl but I know what you mean - I hate a lot more AFC teams than NFC. I mean of the last 4 AFC teams - I hated 3 of them (Steelers, Jets and Pats). But despite that, I feel I have to root for the AFC in every Super Bowl. Besides the NFC was such a punk conference this year - it would suck to have them win the Super Bowl when they had 8-8 teams getting into the playoffs and we were sitting at home at 9-7.