Good Sammy article from MMQB - mid April

Sammy Watkins has potential to redefine wideout position in the NFL

mmqb.si.com/2014/04/15/sammy-watkins-clemson-nfl-draft/

Apr 15, 2014 - Clemson's Sammy Watkins is either going to be a prospect who changes the game when it comes ... Robert Beck/Sports Illustrated/The MMQB.

One of the videos of Watkins linked to that article shows him running right over Ryan Shazier, who was Pittsburgh's first round pick. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUsEuhW1MUA&t=3m51s

That play made me ill when it happened. Now I love it. Shazier packed on about 15 lbs since then but I don't really think he would have made the tackle even if was bigger at that game. Ryan is a very fast player but he can run over by powerful players willing to take him on.

Great article.

Career YPC average is 14.1

I like it

CBF

Couple that with the boards favorite knock on him that many of the catches were behind the line of.... And I think you start to see how explosive he is with the ball

Couple that with the boards favorite knock on him that many of the catches were behind the line of.... And I think you start to see how explosive he is with the ball

He was being interviewed this morning on WGR and they asked him about all the screens this year. He said that they ran all of those because of game planning as the defenses were all playing him so far off the LOS and they were able to just kill it with screens and jet sweeps. He said his freshman year he ran NFL routes and traditional WR role as the defense didn't respect him yet and he was an all-american in that role.