Cleveland Browns' Draft Picks

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny that you have a Browns thread on your site!! I feel so welcome! I am not a fan of the Manzeil pick at all and most everyone I know wanted a different QB. The Gilbert pick is OK but not sure that was a big need. We all wanted Watkins, and we passed on the elite player, again. Julio Jones 2.0. Don't talk to me about future draft picks. Being a Browns fan is always about getting picks for the future. How about taking the player NOW for once? I'm pissed. And Derek Carr is the better NFL prospect. My cousin is in the FO for the Chargers and I am not the only one who thinks that.

What do you all think of Cleveland's picks? It sounds like they wanted Manziel prior to the draft, and they were able to get him at the back end of the 1st round.

I'm not feeling all the love the Browns draft is getting from the media. After they traded down and took the third or fourth best CB in the draft, I thought it sucked. Especially given Watkins was who they traded. It remains to be seen, I like Johnny, but it will be tough for him to succeed in Cleveland. But, the Farmer for the HOF crap-get outta here!

I happened to be at a Browns bar at the time they made the Manziel pick and there was an odd mix of ecstatic and upset.

Yep it is really mixed. The media all love it. of course, makes their jobs easy. The fans have been debating JM for 4 months.

Me too. I was shocked. I guess they just really had to have that extra draft pick. Why I am a Browns fan.

All the experts are saying the Browns did great things in the draft so far, and the Bills are stupid.

So... maybe you'll be ok. :)

All the experts are saying the Browns did great things in the draft so far, and the Bills are stupid.

So... maybe you'll be ok. :)

That's just because they love to talk about Manzeil! But I haven't heard any experts say the Bills are stupid. Just the opposite. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

What do you all think of Cleveland's picks? It sounds like they wanted Manziel prior to the draft, and they were able to get him at the back end of the 1st round.

The Browns FO said that the top QB's were only minimally better than each other, so it was a bad move to trade up...

That's just because they love to talk about Manzeil! But I haven't heard any experts say the Bills are stupid. Just the opposite.

Gruden sure seems to have a man crush on him for sure. I thought he was going to cry by the 10th pick and JF was still on the board.

I personally think the Browns won the first round. Got exactly who they wanted and ended up with an additional 1st next draft as well.

Browns are building a sustainable winner while the Bills just went "all in" with the goal not to win the superbowl but to make the playoffs.

The Browns have been building a sustainable winner for what, 20 years? I would like to win more than 5 games at some point.

Gruden sure seems to have a man crush on him for sure. I thought he was going to cry by the 10th pick and JF was still on the board.

I personally think the Browns won the first round. Got exactly who they wanted and ended up with an additional 1st next draft as well.

Yes the Browns did an excellent job. With their current core and with this draft they are stacked with young talent. Not to mention they have multiple high picks next year too. Future is bright for the Browns.

I am not sure he is exactly who they wanted. I do not think the organization as a whole wanted Manzeil. I think they talked themselves into it. If he was exactly who they wanted, they would have taken him at 4 or even 9. He is the most important position on the team, they HAD to get a QB, and if they were set on getting him they would not have waited until their 2nd pick. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Browns are building a sustainable winner while the Bills just went "all in" with the goal not to win the superbowl but to make the playoffs.

Apologies in advance.But that's a lame opinion. Without playmakers on offense, this team was dead in the water.

Edited by joesixpack

I want the SB no doubt, but you have to make the playoffs first...