the cab driver's mock draft for the Bills

Well the strangest thing just happened. I had to take a cab to a meeting, and I'lll be damned, but the driver looked and talked just like Marc Levy. He noticed that I had a Bills shirt on, so he started talking about the draft. I asked him what the Bills were going to do, and he used a lot of big words but basically said the following.

The Bills have the biggest needs at RIGHT offensive tackle, linebacker, and defensive end. In the draft, the Bills sit at #9 and regardless of whether there is a run on quarterbacks, or wide receivers there is going to be a stud available for the Bills. That is good because we (6-10) need numbers of quality players more than a single stud player. The Bills choice to do a minor trade down with the Rams from #9 to #13 to pick up another third round pick. (#74). The Rams use their 2 first round picks to take a QB and a top LEFT offensive tackle. The Bills draft goes in the following fashion.

Round 1, pick #13 either CJ Mosley or R Shazier……speedy 3 down linebacker

Round 2, pick #41 either Morgan Moses or Joel Bitonio ……RIGHT offensive tackle. Draft the right guy for the job, don’t overspend in money or resources.

Round 3, picks #71 and #74

Defensive end. Kareen Martin (N.Carolina) or Scott Crichton (Oregon)………..we get a ~275 pound guy to set the edge opposite Mario, to avoid have a weak spot for other teams to exploit....................

AND

Tight end Fiedorowitz (Iowa) or FS Terrence Brooks

Round 4 running back the Bills brought in 5 running backs for pre-draft visits. That should tell you something. Hyde (Ohio State) was a smokescreen. They will pick from:

Germery Hill (LSU), Terrance West (Towson), or Jerrick McKinnon (Georgia Southern)

Round 5

one of the cornerbacks brought in for a visit, Phillip Gaines (Rice) or Walt Aikens (Liberty)

Round 6

We traded this pick for a big WR, who was on several rookie of the year teams in 2010 and got 964, 771, and 996 yards receiving in his first 3 years. He had signed a $40,250,000 4 year contract, but went on IR last year and was unloaded as a problem child. Marrone coached him in college and Williams was kicked off the team. I think Marrone and Williams understand each other and Williams will do good here.

Round 7

I reach my stop so I never got this pick, nor who we were going after as UFA. I gave him a nice tip and an extra ham sandwich that I had brought for lunch.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

I'm pretty sure that Cab Driver is no longer of this world. So I'm not sure it matters what your cabbie thinks. I do like his draft though.

Edited by qwksilver

Bills are pimping the fact that they like OB Jr. San Fransisco likes him too... SF trades us their 1st rd pick #30, 2nd rd pick #56 and their 2nd 3rd rd pic #92 to move up to #9 and take OB Jr.

That gives the Bills 5 of the top 92 picks in the draft. Look for them to grab:

1st Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

2nd Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech OR Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington

2nd Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State OR Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU

3rd JuWuan James, OT, Tennessee OR Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

4th Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

This is just a thought of what I can see (would love to see) happening!

Bills are pimping the fact that they like OB Jr. San Fransisco likes him too... SF trades us their 1st rd pick #30, 2nd rd pick #56 and their 2nd 3rd rd pic #92 to move up to #9 and take OB Jr.

That gives the Bills 5 of the top 92 picks in the draft. Look for them to grab:

1st Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

2nd Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech OR Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington

2nd Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State OR Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU

3rd JuWuan James, OT, Tennessee OR Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

4th Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

This is just a thought of what I can see (would love to see) happening!

If SF wants to trade up, at least according to the Trade Value Chart, it would require their 1st and both of their 2nds, plus a little. If I'm late in the 1st, I'm thinking Bitonio, Juwan James or Rashid Hageman. Or better yet, then trade out of the 1st and have like 5 - 2nd round picks and an additional 1st next year. Edited by JPS

If SF wants to trade up, at least according to the Trade Value Chart, it would require their 1st and both of their 2nds, plus a little. If I'm late in the 1st, I'm thinking Bitonio, Juwan James or Rashid Hageman. Or better yet, then trade out of the 1st and have like 5 - 2nd round picks and an additional 1st next year.

Lol... sweet.. I'm sitting in a class and responded to the OP so I didn't get into the complete research of the trade value chart. Much appreciated!