Mike Mayock Mock Draft

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more. At 9 taking the 4th best at that position doesnt make sense. Donald siting there is BPA and Dareus getting arrest, this may be a need.

not according to mayock's top 100. While Martin may be 4th best OT, he is 9th bpa, and Donald is 12th.

Mayock would know Martin better than anyone having seen him play while broadcasting the ND games for the last several years.

As others have mentioned, if the draft plays out this way the Bills would be in a great trade down position as some team would come up for Manziel.

How would you feel if the trade down netted picks in next years draft?

Mayock would know Martin better than anyone having seen him play while broadcasting the ND games for the last several years.

As others have mentioned, if the draft plays out this way the Bills would be in a great trade down position as some team would come up for Manziel.

That's a great point. Mayock has pretty much covered every single snap of Martin's career as ND's announcer. If there is any prospect he's familiar with, it's Martin. He has him rated as the 9th best player in the draft and that is where the Bills pick.

I wouldn't be upset with the pick at all. I still feel RT and the oline as a hole Is the weakest link on this team. Getting a quality OT is paramount to EJ's and this entire offenses success. Depth is also a major need along the line and Martin can be plugged in anywhere.

To the posters saying they dont like it unless they trade down: good luck with that. OTs are among the hottest commodities in the draft as evidenced by last last year's and this year's top 10 (at least 6 tackles selected). If you trade down, you're not goin to get Martin. An extra 3rd or 4th round pick is not worth losing out on your guy. Miami or NYG would be all over Martin & know they just have to trade up 1 pick in front of wherever we trade back

I wouldn't be happy. By every account this years draft is as deep as many experts have seen, so it would seem having picks in this draft would have more value than next year.

The problem with some of these mock drafts is that the experts don't account for trades. So they are forced to decide on who a team would take if every single team stayed at their respective draft spot. Unfortunately, that rarely happens with the draft now.

I'm not saying Mayock is wrong because he's just deciding on who the Bills would pick, if the first 8 draft picks went the way they did. But if a team trades up for a QB or trades back, that completely changes things.

I wouldn't be happy. By every account this years draft is as deep as many experts have seen, so it would seem having picks in this draft would have more value than next year.

I would agree but I am so desperate to see the Bills play meaningful games in December that my view on future picks may be clouded.

I believe it generally works that next years pick is discounted a full round, so a first next year is worth a second this year ect..

It would depend on the team that's giving up the pick too. Seattle's next years pick would be viewed as a near the bottom selection. Now if Cleveland wanted to move up to 9 and send the Bills a package that included their later first pick this year and their first pick next that could be interesting.

I saw Mayock's mock last night and my first thought was thank the Lord the draft starts tonight and all the analysis and speculation will be over. Of course we'll get two months of expert anaylsis, grading, and breakdown of each teams selections in the league where the season never ends.

I just can't get past the thought that taking the 4th ranked player at OT is the best option for the Bills at 9. Sure they need to upgrade the ROT spot but these high OT picks are typically made by teams looking for the LOT spot, not ROT. There are a few players that should be available in the 2nd round with grades and tools to fill that ROT spot. Why spend the 9 pick on a LOT prospect only to slide him over to ROT? No doubt it will make your line better but is it the best use of that first round pick. Why not Ebron or Mosley?

And I'll throw it out there for the sake of discussion. Not that I advocate this but what if the Bills shocked everyone and selected Bortles at 9? I could make an argument for it. For one, I'm not sold on the idea that EJ ends our search for the franchise QB. He missed time in three stretches of time last season with injuries and that's a red flag. And while I've never met him in person so I have no firsthand knowledge here, from watching the games and assessing his performance I just don't feel he's got the 'IT' that makes a franchise QB. And Bortles looks to bring a better skill set and decision making to the table here. So you want to make a splash? Here it is, without trading up. Now take that ROT in round two and create some competition to drive both guys to become better at the QB spot and I don't have to bank on EJ to develop or go to plan B next year.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I saw on the NFL Network on Tuesday night when all of their guys had a chance to Mock through the 1st Round, alternating turns for picks, and Ebron to the BILLS stood out...I HATE that pick...but also the other two, ASJ and Amaro, also going in the 1st. Meaning, the top 3 TEs all got Drafted in the 1st Round....that, made no sense to me, but whatever....and while I wouldn't love the Martin pick at 9, it would sit better with me than Ebron.